Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Deciding on New Telsa S 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm looking for honest feedback from a UK user on satisfaction from purchasing a new Tesla S. What's good, bad and any regrets on spec?

I've reviewed the forums but I'd really appreciate some personal feedback as I'm as yet undecided on a decision.

I own an M3 CS and cover about 7k miles of town driving with the occasional long distance run out.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum! My 85D was delivered March 4th, and no regrets ever since. Absolutely love it, and with a lowest recorded 0-60 of 3.7, it's really incredible. Between the range of the 85D and performance of P85D, I need the range for my daily commute, and I don't think there's all that much of a performance difference. This thing handles like it's on rails, and I really don't have any complaints.

Hi all,

I'm looking for honest feedback from a UK user on satisfaction from purchasing a new Tesla S. What's good, bad and any regrets on spec?

I've reviewed the forums but I'd really appreciate some personal feedback as I'm as yet undecided on a decision.

I own an M3 CS and cover about 7k miles of town driving with the occasional long distance run out.

Thanks in advance.

I've had a UK spec car for a year now.

Interior build quality is poor, and being in Leeds you'll be subject to Birmingham right now, which is running at 2 months to get a service booked in :( Rumours of new stores opening in Stockport, but it won't be overnight. Getting niggles sorted if you live a long way from the SC is a bit of a PITA. As for range, I do 8k miles per year, and so far not used a Supercharger! (Longest run over 190 miles)

Definitely test drive one, probably for an extended drive if you can. The steering/handling aren't as involving as a BMW, esp compared to an M3, and I find it a little wide for good placement on narrow B Roads. However it is a superb commuter car.

In terms of spec, I'm happy with my choice (an S60) as it left enough over to buy an Exige V6 ;)

I've had a bit of a mixed experience ordering mine. Different sales people tell you slightly different things but research online you can get most answers. Examples include I was told that you shouldn't buy a P85D without the 21" wheels.

Leeds is is pretty good for superchargers if you're south of drive south. Service is a worry distance wise - I'm nearer to BHam so not as bad but I'm surprised by the wait. I was told next day was not impossible.

I've had the electrician out to quote to do the electrics at home. Seems overly complicated to put a plug on the wall but it's costing me £70 plus tesla putting £550 towards it. But that's just a blue plug whereas the dealers gave me booklets with dedicated tesla chargers but told that wasn't an option by the electrician at a sensible price.

Thanks to everyone who posted. Really appreciate the feedback.

This is the second time I've replied to the thread and only just realised the first went missing so apologies for the delay. I'm a bit concerned about the build quality issues and worried by the drive train noise problems I've read on other posts.

I'm therefore undecided and will probably wait a bit longer and keep an eye on posts in the meantime.