Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help determining P85D Value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2015 P85D that is fully loaded, Blue with Tan, no Ludicrous, with 112k miles. The vehicle is located in Oahu, Hawaii and I'm currently asking $41,900.

What resources are people using to support their asking price? I have a buyer that is very interested but we're negotiating on price. Tesla doesn't currently have any used P85D to use as comps.

Also, for reference, it costs $1,500-2,500 to ship to and from the mainland to Hawaii.

Based on personal experience I'd say your price is low if anything. There's about to be a dozen hyenas about to come in here to tell you it's worth $32.87 because they want to buy it and can't afford market value. Their only hope is for someone to not know what they have so they can take advantage of them. I'd say to check Craigslist, Autotrader, eBay, Tesla used inventory and the other car selling websites but with one GIGANTIC caveat: Be wary of scammers.

I just sold another P85D a couple of weeks ago and found my old car I just sold for $53,750 being sold for $39,999 on Cars.com. Same pics, same description, different seller and different price. My guess is they made thousands on "deposits" before I contacted Cars.com and had it taken down. The problem is that there's hundreds if not thousands of similar scammers out there using Teslas as their bait given how popular they are right now. It sucks for buyers and sellers alike that these scum bags are out there.

The obvious is that buyers who trust too much get taken for their money. The less obvious is that I've seen people base their search off of these scams thinking that they can actually buy a car for that price because they saw one or two. I've sold enough of these now that I've had people send me obvious scams as examples of less expensive cars trying to negotiate with me. Then, when I prove to them it's a scam, they vanish. They never were in the market for these cars at market value they just thought they could get a P100D for $35k. ROFL

Your price seems low for ones here in Washington state but hawaii is a completely different market so its tough for anyone outside of Hawaii to give good advice. I would start higher then negotiate with the seller. One huge advantage of Hawaii is the percentage of people with solar so someone could actually charge for free if they have the correct setup. Might try and use that in your ad if you sell it in hawaii.

Thanks guys. I've had limited experience selling here in Hawaii. In general cars that are below $20k sell for about a 10% premium here, again a huge estimate.

Of course, its all about supply and demand, and in Hawaii both are very low! I believe I'm the only P85D or P90D being sold on island right now. And I'm not in a rush to sell.

I'll continue to solicit feedback and I'll use those fairly standard resources to try and get an idea of value. I thought there were a few popular Tesla only, private party used car market websites outside of the standard enthusiast forums?

Thanks guys. I've had limited experience selling here in Hawaii. In general cars that are below $20k sell for about a 10% premium here, again a huge estimate.

Of course, its all about supply and demand, and in Hawaii both are very low! I believe I'm the only P85D or P90D being sold on island right now. And I'm not in a rush to sell.

I'll continue to solicit feedback and I'll use those fairly standard resources to try and get an idea of value. I thought there were a few popular Tesla only, private party used car market websites outside of the standard enthusiast forums?
Did you look at www.onlyusedtesla.com

Based on personal experience I'd say your price is low if anything. There's about to be a dozen hyenas about to come in here to tell you it's worth $32.87 because they want to buy it and can't afford market value. Their only hope is for someone to not know what they have so they can take advantage of them. I'd say to check Craigslist, Autotrader, eBay, Tesla used inventory and the other car selling websites but with one GIGANTIC caveat: Be wary of scammers.

I just sold another P85D a couple of weeks ago and found my old car I just sold for $53,750 being sold for $39,999 on Cars.com. Same pics, same description, different seller and different price. My guess is they made thousands on "deposits" before I contacted Cars.com and had it taken down. The problem is that there's hundreds if not thousands of similar scammers out there using Teslas as their bait given how popular they are right now. It sucks for buyers and sellers alike that these scum bags are out there.

The obvious is that buyers who trust too much get taken for their money. The less obvious is that I've seen people base their search off of these scams thinking that they can actually buy a car for that price because they saw one or two. I've sold enough of these now that I've had people send me obvious scams as examples of less expensive cars trying to negotiate with me. Then, when I prove to them it's a scam, they vanish. They never were in the market for these cars at market value they just thought they could get a P100D for $35k. ROFL

Can you give me details on what you sold for $53,750? I just bought a 2016 P90D not too long ago. Everything EXCEPT air suspension - it was a $130k MSRP car. 55k miles and absolutely IMMACULATE. After market, high end 21” wheels. I paid $53,500 and thought I got a great deal. Came on here and started second guessing myself.