Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Elon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was a victim of the blizzard conditions before Thanksgiving while on I 80 just West of Truckee. CalTrans closed the freeway at 4 pm, and reopened it, apparently because of the anticipated traffic for Thanksgiving, at 6 pm. It was a huge mistake. I went off the road at 18 mph, and ended up in a 4 foot snowdrift, only a few feet off the road. The outside of the car was not touched, but somehow the TieRod and steering hub became damaged.

My 2017 X100d was in the Rocklin service center the day after Thanksgiving, and it's still there. The Tesla app lets me keep track of the progress, and has an expected date of completion. That went from dec 1, to dec 5, to december 13 to december 20, and currently sits at december 30. I did finally get a call from the service department who said, guess what, "waiting on a part". It will be over a month by the time the next deadline comes and goes.

I've read horror stories on this blog, but never dreamed it would happen to me. While Tesla did give me a loaner for a week, they called and needed it back. So I drove 350 miles down and picked up my insurance loaner, and then drove back home. I'll have to repeat that if my car is ever finished. The icing on the cake is my loaner is a 4 banger Ford Festiva. Believe me that is quite a step from a Tesla X100d!

I'd certainly welcome any suggestions on how to get my car back...

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum
I'd certainly welcome any suggestions on how to get my car back...

Baseball bat. .357-magnum. Dynamite. Judge Judy. Seriously, it's unfortunate anyone needs repairs and has to suffer like you are simply because Tesla hasn't got its service and parts departments in proper shape. It's a sad situation. If I were in your shoes, I suppose I'd just try to keep my rage from boiling over, day to day. Focus on other things. You'll get through it eventually. And when it's over, I'd find out who blogs about Tesla's problems, contact them and tell them the story. Then I'd tell Tesla I submitted my service nightmare story to that blog. Sweet revenge. Create more motivation to get all that crap handled. And let us all hope Tesla gets its act together. Good luck.

Baseball bat. .357-magnum. Dynamite. Judge Judy. Seriously, it's unfortunate anyone needs repairs and has to suffer like you are simply because Tesla hasn't got its service and parts departments in proper shape. It's a sad situation. If I were in your shoes, I suppose I'd just try to keep my rage from boiling over, day to day. Focus on other things. You'll get through it eventually. And when it's over, I'd find out who blogs about Tesla's problems, contact them and tell them the story. Then I'd tell Tesla I submitted my service nightmare story to that blog. Sweet revenge. Create more motivation to get all that crap handled. And let us all hope Tesla gets its act together. Good luck.

I had some Tesla service repairs that also took much longer than expected. Months. It didn't bother me as much since they gave me a Tesla loaner.

I would beg for a Tesla loaner. It will make the wait much more tolerable

I had some Tesla service repairs that also took much longer than expected. Months. It didn't bother me as much since they gave me a Tesla loaner.

I would beg for a Tesla loaner. It will make the wait much more tolerable

I was just venting before. Definitely do the loaner! Just say out loud, damn it Elon when things go wrong and you'll feel a little better. Tesla is a growing company is is this part of the lame process. They really need to get things under control and be able to get you what you need. Happy holidays everyone.

I would have never taken loaner back. My buddy manages big body shop. Hes had 2 easy repairs, Tesla would not send parts, he refuses to take them in now. They seem to not be able to supply simple parts.
One sat in fort worth body shop for a year. Pray u never wreak. And or it gets totaled.
My SC hates me, I do all my work. I had accident last week. Same thing, tie rod end and bearing in right front hub. I got tie rod end off eBay, changed it, waiting on hub now.
I've changed my door mechanisms, window regulator, charge port.
Good luck.

Lasttoy speaks truth
Recently was in an accident
Body shop thought it should be totaled due to structural damage. But their hands were tied until State Farm made their evaluation.
Took them almost 4 weeks to come out to the body shop! Can you spell livid? They wound up agreeing and thanks for that.
Body shop said it would have taken minimum of 4 months to do the repairs.

I would have never taken loaner back. My buddy manages big body shop. Hes had 2 easy repairs, Tesla would not send parts, he refuses to take them in now. They seem to not be able to supply simple parts.
One sat in fort worth body shop for a year. Pray u never wreak. And or it gets totaled.
My SC hates me, I do all my work. I had accident last week. Same thing, tie rod end and bearing in right front hub. I got tie rod end off eBay, changed it, waiting on hub now.
I've changed my door mechanisms, window regulator, charge port.
Good luck.
He doesn't really have a lot of leverage, they can simply drag out the repair or worse when he needs service/repairs he'll wait a looooong time, and forget any future loaners or goodwill repairs!

I bought GAP insurance of 25k in case insurance adjuster low balls me. Tiny amount to pay in case u have jerk adjuster. I was told that since my car has over 150k miles they will tell me its junk.
By the way, insurance companies are stopping rental cars after 30 days. So be warned if car is in body shop for months, your or their insurance company will stop your rental car. Read the fine print in your policy. Tesla doesn't care.

Wow, who says including Elon in your title doesn't work? Two days after I posted, and 6 days before the latest completion date, I got an email saying my car was finished! The nice lady from service even said they'd charge it up for me and leave it outside so I could pick it up on Christmas Eve, when service was closed. They did a good job on the repair, too! Thanks, Tesla!