Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help finding AS Tires for Performance Y

Hpinn

Jun 19, 2021
Fredericksburg, VA
Have Model Y performance. Has staggered tires. Front tire is 255/35-21. Want to go to all season tires. Bridgestone no longer has this size available in AS. No other manufactures offer this size. Any suggestions as to what alternative tire size I might use?

ocdbape

Jan 25, 2021
NYC
I went with 19" TSS with Michelin Pilot sport all season 4 wheels and tires package. Don't have to worry about blowing up tire or wheel damage form potholes anymore. Also don't have to worry about getting new tires too soon. P zero's tire life on the MYP doesn't last long, can't rotate makes it worst. At least with the new set of tires I can run it way longer. After changed to this new set. Didn't feel the ride quality improved, and tires definitely not as quiet as p zero. But it's great for financially in a long run.

Upvote 0

Canefan456

Sep 26, 2020
Atlanta
Do you want to stick with the stock Uberturbine wheels, or replace them?

It's going to be a bit difficult to find a set of good all-season tires to stretch around those wheels... especially the wider rear wheels.

If you want something a bit more practical, then you may want to consider replacing the Uberturbines with a nice-looking set of 20" wheels in a "squared" setup (same width front and rear). The 20" size is a good compromise between great appearance and practicality (smoother ride, fewer tire blow-outs, etc.).

Good luck!
-- Tony

Actually, going with the Michelin AS4's is more cost effective than a new wheel/tire setup. I just had a set installed and I was out the door (with alignment) for just under $2K. A wheel/tire package would have been around $3500. While I can't rotate them, I figure I can just replace the rears when the time comes as I'm sure the front tires will last a good long time. The AS4's are seriously good tires too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbapckfan
Upvote 0

AK_MYP

Aug 16, 2021
Seattle
Actually, going with the Michelin AS4's is more cost effective than a new wheel/tire setup. I just had a set installed and I was out the door (with alignment) for just under $2K. A wheel/tire package would have been around $3500. While I can't rotate them, I figure I can just replace the rears when the time comes as I'm sure the front tires will last a good long time. The AS4's are seriously good tires too.
What size tires did you get the AS4s in? How do they ride compared to the P Zeros?

Reactions: mrfeb14
Upvote 0

Spikeitaudi

Aug 11, 2021
Nj
If you are talking about the Uberturbine wheels you will need to alter the size of the tire a bit as the MPAS4 do not come in stock size for the 21 UT. Do a quick search as there are many post about the change in size.

Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC