Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help finding AS Tires for Performance Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have Model Y performance. Has staggered tires. Front tire is 255/35-21. Want to go to all season tires. Bridgestone no longer has this size available in AS. No other manufactures offer this size. Any suggestions as to what alternative tire size I might use?

I went with 19" TSS with Michelin Pilot sport all season 4 wheels and tires package. Don't have to worry about blowing up tire or wheel damage form potholes anymore. Also don't have to worry about getting new tires too soon. P zero's tire life on the MYP doesn't last long, can't rotate makes it worst. At least with the new set of tires I can run it way longer. After changed to this new set. Didn't feel the ride quality improved, and tires definitely not as quiet as p zero. But it's great for financially in a long run.

Upvote 0
Do you want to stick with the stock Uberturbine wheels, or replace them?

It's going to be a bit difficult to find a set of good all-season tires to stretch around those wheels... especially the wider rear wheels.

If you want something a bit more practical, then you may want to consider replacing the Uberturbines with a nice-looking set of 20" wheels in a "squared" setup (same width front and rear). The 20" size is a good compromise between great appearance and practicality (smoother ride, fewer tire blow-outs, etc.).

Good luck!
-- Tony

Actually, going with the Michelin AS4's is more cost effective than a new wheel/tire setup. I just had a set installed and I was out the door (with alignment) for just under $2K. A wheel/tire package would have been around $3500. While I can't rotate them, I figure I can just replace the rears when the time comes as I'm sure the front tires will last a good long time. The AS4's are seriously good tires too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbapckfan
Upvote 0
Actually, going with the Michelin AS4's is more cost effective than a new wheel/tire setup. I just had a set installed and I was out the door (with alignment) for just under $2K. A wheel/tire package would have been around $3500. While I can't rotate them, I figure I can just replace the rears when the time comes as I'm sure the front tires will last a good long time. The AS4's are seriously good tires too.
What size tires did you get the AS4s in? How do they ride compared to the P Zeros?

Reactions: mrfeb14
Upvote 0
You can rotate them side to side, just not front to back.

Upvote 0