Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help finding the right tires for my M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!
It's time to replace my tires, I'm at 32K miles.
I live in Florida so I think that summer tires are the right choice for me.
The most important thing for me is the drive comfort, low noise to be precise.
I'm just finishing up my research on the Internet and to be honest it just me me more confused lol.

What tire do you recommend for my situation?
I received an estimate from Tesle service center for 4 PS4 T0 for 1236$ installed.

BTW, I currently have the Michelin Primacy MXM4.

Thanks!!

Reactions: goldengate
Hi everyone!
It's time to replace my tires, I'm at 32K miles.
I live in Florida so I think that summer tires are the right choice for me.
The most important thing for me is the drive comfort, low noise to be precise.
I'm just finishing up my research on the Internet and to be honest it just me me more confused lol.

What tire do you recommend for my situation?
I received an estimate from Tesle service center for 4 PS4 T0 for 1236$ installed.

BTW, I currently have the Michelin Primacy MXM4.

Thanks!!
Whatever you do I would not get them from Tesla .. you can get the exact same tires elsewhere for less. Make sure the shop you choose knows how to jack a Tesla properly (if they look blank or confused, go elsewhere).

Compared to the MXM4 OEM tires, the PS4 tires have a slightly different noise profile (its not louder, just a different sound, a bit more "pink"), but handle much better (imho). Difficult to judge if range has gone down (or up) but if it did change its too slight for me to notice.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Whatever you do I would not get them from Tesla .. you can get the exact same tires elsewhere for less. Make sure the shop you choose knows how to jack a Tesla properly (if they look blank or confused, go elsewhere).

Compared to the MXM4 OEM tires, the PS4 tires have a slightly different noise profile (its not louder, just a different sound, a bit more "pink"), but handle much better (imho). Difficult to judge if range has gone down (or up) but if it did change its too slight for me to notice.
I think I've read somewhere that they are noisy and not efficient as the Tesla tires.
I also forgot to mention that obviously the efficiency is a big requirement for me.

I did change (involuntarily, supply chain stuff last winter) from MXM4 to PS4. The average for my 2019 M3 LRAWD went from 239W/mile to 265W/mile. So basically a 10% hit on range. They certainly handle better, but I can't say that there is a lot of noise difference. Let's see how long they last, the MXM4 lasted 45k miles. The PS4 are warranted for 60k I think.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
Not much chance of a 235 width PS4S lasting 60k on a 4,000lbs car!

There is a nice middle ground tire option here, the PS4 without the S. They come in versions with the sound deadening foam, they have better rolling resistance than the S by a pretty decent amount. Grip is only slightly less. Still not gonna last 60k though!

Highly Recommend the CrossClimate2's for those with multiple seasons to deal with....

Been running them in OEM sized 235/40/19 on my aftermarket wheels originally on my LR RWD and now beating them up on my Stealth Performance and they are up to the job!

On Tire Rack they are the highest rated "All-Season" based on customer review as well.

Tire Rack: Grand Touring All-Season

How do these impact efficiency vs stock tires? tread pattern looks rather aggressive...

How do these impact efficiency vs stock tires? tread pattern looks rather aggressive...
They do look aggressive, but surprisingly quiet and I honestly haven't noticed any major efficiency loss and they are Eco focused "Michelin Total Performance" whatever that's worth.

I've had everything from OEM MXM4's on Aero wheels to oversized Summer rubber, to dedicated X-ICE winters and now these CC2's and I'm on aftermarket 19's, but IMO it's nothing substantial. I would rather have a good confident tire on the road vs loss of a couple miles of range either way.

How you drive (speed and acceleration) along with trip temperature seem to be much greater factors than any OEM sized tire option.