Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help getting Des Moines, IA Destination Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just into the Johnny's Italian Steakhouse at the Holiday Inn tonight. Took a slow drive around the parking lot, and did not see any signs of work yet, but will keep an eye on it. We stop through there pretty regularly since the bartender is an old friend. Next time I'll perhaps try to get a few details out of the hotel staff.

Destination Chargers operational at the Holiday Inn in West Des Moines, IA. I spoke with a Manager at the hotel last night and he confirmed that the typical 2 HPWCs and another generic were all installed and ready for use. They are located on the south side of the hotel.

Destination Chargers operational at the Holiday Inn in West Des Moines, IA. I spoke with a Manager at the hotel last night and he confirmed that the typical 2 HPWCs and another generic were all installed and ready for use. They are located on the south side of the hotel.

Nice! I'll try to do a drive-by and maybe stop for a quick test. Good work BTW. If it weren't for your persistence, I have no doubt Des Moines would still be charger-free.:rolleyes:

Sure enough all 3 are up and running. I was a little disappointed to see that all 3 are only 200V and 40A, but that is still adequate for most people's overnight stay.

IMG_0608.jpg
IMG_0606.JPG

Yay! I think come spring the Minnesota Tesla Enthusiasts Group may have to do another roadtrip to Des Moines to give people test rides, now that there's a place to conveniently charge overnight.

If you do, I'd be more than happy to help out. (pending scheduling of course). Also, anyone would be welcome to use my home 80A HPWC or NEMA 14-50.