Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help getting EV Chargers listed on Airbnb and VRBO/HomeAway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a Tesla owner who loves to travel AND a vacation rental owner with the only EV charger in the area, I notice that there is no easy way to find vacation rentals with chargers. So I contacted both Airbnb and HomeAway in May of 2019 and requested that they add a category of amenities for EV Chargers.
  • Airbnb thanked me for the input, suggested I mention it in the description, and re-submit my feedback at https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback.
  • HomeAway sent me a super brief message on Facebook Messenger that they would forward it to their product team.
Nothing has happened since, and I have no idea what level of priority this has been given. I don't think these companies realize how important it is for EV owners' trip planning.

Can some of you please do what I did and contact these companies and request to list "EV Charger" as an amenity?

Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: Big Earl
As a Tesla owner who loves to travel AND a vacation rental owner with the only EV charger in the area, I notice that there is no easy way to find vacation rentals with chargers. So I contacted both Airbnb and HomeAway in May of 2019 and requested that they add a category of amenities for EV Chargers.
  • Airbnb thanked me for the input, suggested I mention it in the description, and re-submit my feedback at https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback.
  • HomeAway sent me a super brief message on Facebook Messenger that they would forward it to their product team.
Nothing has happened since, and I have no idea what level of priority this has been given. I don't think these companies realize how important it is for EV owners' trip planning.

Can some of you please do what I did and contact these companies and request to list "EV Charger" as an amenity?

Thanks!

I got the same response from AirBnB, as well. It might be helpful to come together as a group and step up our social media requests.

I’ll bring this up at the EVADC meeting in August and see if the group has some suggestions or input.