Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Getting Parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in an accident in my 2013 Model S on 10/12. The body shop recommended by Tesla is still waiting on parts from them. As my maximum insurance benefit for car rental has been reached, I am now paying out of pocket a daily amount for my rental.

I've contacted Tesla customer service for help.

Any other suggestions how I can expedite getting parts from Tesla?

I was in an accident in my 2013 Model S on 10/12. The body shop recommended by Tesla is still waiting on parts from them. As my maximum insurance benefit for car rental has been reached, I am now paying out of pocket a daily amount for my rental.

I've contacted Tesla customer service for help.

Any other suggestions how I can expedite getting parts from Tesla?

Since the delay in receiving parts is Tesla's fault, then I would think that they should get you a loaner to use. It seems only right; they do owe you a timely replacement for parts and a month's delay is not reasonable.

Since the delay in receiving parts is Tesla's fault, then I would think that they should get you a loaner to use. It seems only right; they do owe you a timely replacement for parts and a month's delay is not reasonable.

If it was for a warranty repair then I would agree, but for a collision repair I don't think Tesla has any responsibility to provide anyone a loaner.

It seems that taking month(s) to get parts isn't uncommon for high-end cars, so it isn't just a Tesla issue.

It does sound like the OP was underinsured as far as the car rental coverage goes.

If it was for a warranty repair then I would agree, but for a collision repair I don't think Tesla has any responsibility to provide anyone a loaner.

It seems that taking month(s) to get parts isn't uncommon for high-end cars, so it isn't just a Tesla issue.

It does sound like the OP was underinsured as far as the car rental coverage goes.

Hard to say. A lot of carriers won't sell you more rental benefit no matter what your other policy limits are. GEICO for example -- at least as far as I can tell.