TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Help Getting Parts

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Carlos Danger, Nov 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Member

I was in an accident in my 2013 Model S on 10/12. The body shop recommended by Tesla is still waiting on parts from them. As my maximum insurance benefit for car rental has been reached, I am now paying out of pocket a daily amount for my rental.

I've contacted Tesla customer service for help.

Any other suggestions how I can expedite getting parts from Tesla?

2. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

Go into the Tesla Service Center and ask to talk to a manager about your situation to see what strings they can pull.

3. Science fan

Science fan Member

Since the delay in receiving parts is Tesla's fault, then I would think that they should get you a loaner to use. It seems only right; they do owe you a timely replacement for parts and a month's delay is not reasonable.

4. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

If it was for a warranty repair then I would agree, but for a collision repair I don't think Tesla has any responsibility to provide anyone a loaner.

It seems that taking month(s) to get parts isn't uncommon for high-end cars, so it isn't just a Tesla issue.

It does sound like the OP was underinsured as far as the car rental coverage goes.

5. tls

tls Member

Hard to say. A lot of carriers won't sell you more rental benefit no matter what your other policy limits are. GEICO for example -- at least as far as I can tell.