Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Homelink not working with ATA garage door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please help me. I have tried everything. It is ata garage gdo6v3. I think it may have to do with the rolling codes, because the remotes work but the button does not want to program to the damn receiver when I press the code button. Thanks.

Please help me. I have tried everything. It is ata garage gdo6v3. I think it may have to do with the rolling codes, because the remotes work but the button does not want to program to the damn receiver when I press the code button. Thanks.

Did you have luck with this or did you get an external receiver?

I've got an ATA GDO11V1. Following the homelink steps, I'm able to recognise the remote (headlights flash) however the next expected step, where the tesla waits for you to enable the pairing mode, seems to be skipped. The car just says the remote has been learned and finishes the wizard, however the car doesn't open the door.

I've still got some room to keep fiddling as the learn process for these openers is a two person job, where the remote isn't portable. See how I go, would be helpful to know if you ended up having to buy something, or figured out a way eventually.

Did you have luck with this or did you get an external receiver?

I've got an ATA GDO11V1. Following the homelink steps, I'm able to recognise the remote (headlights flash) however the next expected step, where the tesla waits for you to enable the pairing mode, seems to be skipped. The car just says the remote has been learned and finishes the wizard, however the car doesn't open the door.

I've still got some room to keep fiddling as the learn process for these openers is a two person job, where the remote isn't portable. See how I go, would be helpful to know if you ended up having to buy something, or figured out a way eventually.

No luck. Just gave up unfortunately. Pleas let me know if you find a solution

Reactions: alexeiw123
No luck. Just gave up unfortunately. Pleas let me know if you find a solution

Nope, after getting my wife to help hold the 'set' button, still couldn't get it to work. I've ordered the merlin receiver, $130 from ebay including a remote.

Like paulp said "Best to follow the link from meloccom"

I have ATA operators, and Homelink works perfectly after installation of the merlin interface.

I have a read the linked thread and the other one all about the ditec receiver, I just thought I'd ask here as it's specific to the ATA opener, which seems a but unique in that the remote is picked up by the car OK, just doesn't handshake with the door opener for whatever reason.

I decided to get the merlin opener instead as I have more confidence it's a quality product and the cost difference is marginal.

Homelink and merlin are both brands of gentex, which is why the two work together. ATA is not a gentex brand and so like all other non affiliated brands will not work with homelink without a compatable reciever

Sounds reasonable enough. Shame the in car wizard makes no mention of brands or compatibility. With the headlights flashing and the car saying 'you may need to press back and try again', it does lend a bit to 'just one more try'.

Will be happy to have the door open automagically and I will try not to consider how many ventures I need to make to recover the time I've spent waving openers at my front bumper (between this and my old house that had a compatible but impossible to pair merlin unit).

Sounds reasonable enough. Shame the in car wizard makes no mention of brands or compatibility. With the headlights flashing and the car saying 'you may need to press back and try again', it does lend a bit to 'just one more try'.

Will be happy to have the door open automagically and I will try not to consider how many ventures I need to make to recover the time I've spent waving openers at my front bumper (between this and my old house that had a compatible but impossible to pair merlin unit).
There is lots that tesla leave you to discover for yourself