Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: Horrific battery draining while parked in long term parking structure - I've got 12 days to go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR is in an airport garage right now. To me it is pretty clear. COP is off, scheduler is off, etc. Only Sentry is on. EXACTLY every 2 hours heat comes on but only for a brief period and not to a certain temp. Other threads suggest to ensure cameras don't fog up. Note the power loss is a straight line decline, and the heating by itself doesn't take a toll. When I drive home and park in the garage Sentry is off, car goes asleep/idle, and basically zero power loss overnight. Sentry has 2 hour heat intervals, but they themselves don't have a huge power drain. "It's what Sentry does"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230412_174857.jpg
    Screenshot_20230412_174857.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot_20230412_174835.jpg
    Screenshot_20230412_174835.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 97
  • Informative
Reactions: boulder.dude
It's now just a couple hours past 3 days and my car is now at 63% battery. I've lost 16% in about 80 hours parked in a parking structure!!! What the hell is wrong? The car should be going to sleep, right?
I'm very late to this thread, so what I have to share has probably already been covered. I'm not going to read all 8 pages to find out though, so instead I figured I'd just share my relevant experience:
  • This happened to me early on in my Tesla ownership days.
  • The problem turned out to be dueling data services
  • I use TeslaFi, and I had tried out an app, the name of which I don't remember now.
  • Both of them are designed to let the car go to sleep and minimize taking it out of sleep
  • However, they didn't know about each other, so obviously weren't cooperating together.
  • Thus, their check-ins being on different schedules was what was preventing the car from going to sleep.
  • The real trick was that I had deleted the app without first disabling data collection. That happens on a cloud server, not on the phone itself. Deleting the app left my creds in the server so it was still polling my car. They app developers were incredibly responsive and helpful given that I had never given them a dime. They said that they have no way of knowing that a user deleted the app.
  • TeslaFi has a number of settings related to sleep, and fairly extensive help info on tweaking all of that.
  • In my case, once I got removed from the other app, I didn't need to do anything special on TeslaFi, and I have not had a problem since - it's been over 2 years.