Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP, how to contact Elon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jerome is not gone, he moved over to engineering.

Would you mind providing the source of that information?

From the September SEC Quarterly filing:

"On August 4, 2015, Jerome Guillen, our Vice President, Worldwide Service and Deliveries, notified Tesla that he will be taking a leave of absence until December 31, 2015."
"Recently, our Board of Directors reviewed the job responsibilities of our senior management. On August 6, 2015, the Board determined that Mr. Guillen no longer has reporting requirements under Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (Section 16)."

This seems to indicate that Jerome is neither a senior executive, nor is he currently actively working at Tesla Motors in any capacity.

Larry

Was this announced somewhere? I can't find that information anywhere. Last I heard, Jerome was on an extended leave of absence.

Call his cell and ask him:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Would you mind providing the source of that information?

From the September SEC Quarterly filing:

"On August 4, 2015, Jerome Guillen, our Vice President, Worldwide Service and Deliveries, notified Tesla that he will be taking a leave of absence until December 31, 2015."
"Recently, our Board of Directors reviewed the job responsibilities of our senior management. On August 6, 2015, the Board determined that Mr. Guillen no longer has reporting requirements under Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (Section 16)."

This seems to indicate that Jerome is neither a senior executive, nor is he currently actively working at Tesla Motors in any capacity.

Larry

Yes I would mind. If you would like to find out what he is up to these days call him and ask him. He's a great guy.

Yes I would mind. If you would like to find out what he is up to these days call him and ask him. He's a great guy.

I know he's a great guy. He's on an extended leave. And I know exactly where in the world he is right now. It's not Fremont. So I'm curious why you're stating factually that he's been moved over to engineering when there has been no announcement to that effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Douglas,

Yes, Jerome is a great guy, and I do have his cell phone number and private contact information.

Are you claiming that's what you have done, spoken with him and he told you he was transferred to engineering?

Larry

The first year I owned the car it was at the Tesla service location in Copenhagen for 12 weeks. The numbers of components and failures are far above what has been normal for other Tesla owners. The service management team agrees to lack of quality of the car that I received, and helped me with a fair trade-in price.

Don't you guys have a lemon law in Denmark? I think that might be the route to pursue if Tesla doesn't stand by the trade-in value.

Hi Mike,

unfortunately not - only the simple law of having satisfied customers.

Apologies. Just noticed you already answered my question.

@discoducky,

no other change to my car besides the noise reduction. Same materials as Tesla uses.

They were supposed to get back to me regarding the fault on the air suspension, but so far no reaction!

So I send in a quote for a max loaded P90D, and thought that everything was ok.

until I explained that I had noise insulated the doors in my car due to excessive road noise in the first models. All new cars have similar noise insulation as mine now! BUT because it was something I had done, Tesla simply refused to trade in the car!
I'm sorry that you've had so many problems with your car.

How long before you need to commit to an order, to get the car in time for your tax savings? I am concerned that because Tesla has shifted production and deliveries to NA to meet guidance it's probably too late now.

You can offer to pay the service center to restore the car to it's original condition (by removing the added noise insulation) and ask them if that would be acceptable.
Or you could:
1. Remove the noise insulation yourself.

2. Then you can (saying that the car is unmodified) either try to complete the trade at another location, or with someone who doesn't know about your modifications? If those options are not possible you could ask them in advance if that would be ok.

I would also (in addition to contacting the person in charge of global sales start contacting the people in charge of European Sales):
Contact | Tesla Motors Europe

I would also simultaneously try a bottoms-up approach. Ask the manager of the people you are dealing with how to contact the person above them. And continue working your way up the chain.

Good Luck (and please let us know what happens)!

Why not just buy the additional 4 year warranty and then sell the car knowing that the other buyer will be covered? And for the person buying your car they get 4 years of the extended warranty PLUS whatever is left in your existing warranty. Offer the car for sale at the price Tesla offered you and you are pretty much all set. Prices appropriately I'm sure you will sell the car very quickly.

Also FWIW there is a good likelihood that most of what has to go wrong with your car has already gone wrong and they have already fixed any issues.

Please don't waste Elon's time on this before you at least make an effort to sell the car on your own. Congrats on the P90D!

Hi Mitch,

thanks for your good ideas. I will use your suggestions to see how we can solve this. Although i will not sell the car privately, as i will not cause other to herit this problematic car. It is a responsibility of Tesla to bring the car in and give these assurance to a new customer.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi MsElectric,

the car has everything possible buying at the the time of delivery, including 8 years warranty. Again, i am to honest to sell this car privately. It is a problem Tesla should take care of.

This is the most frustrating and arrogant treatment i have ever had by any company, not recognizing their faults and avoiding finding a solution.
I have not been able to use my car since dec. 8.th. It is still at Tesla service center. From beginning of april 14.th until now it has been in to service around 20 weeks! Trying to contact Tesla management in Denmark has been a huge disappointment. I hoped that i could convince them to trade in the car and compensate me with a reasonable offer for a new car, but no luck. The arrogance of this Danish team is beyond belief, that they will not communicate and participate in helping a very unfortunate customer. Management simply neglect my mails, and use junior people without no mandate to negotiate, to stall the case. What would you recommend to do to get something to happen?

I really don't know if it would help, but I would try a Twitter campaign to Elon.

I'm sure he has people who monitor his Twitter mentions and may escalate the issue to more senior management.

Just an idea... Sorry this happened to you. :(

This is the most frustrating and arrogant treatment i have ever had by any company, not recognizing their faults and avoiding finding a solution.
I have not been able to use my car since dec. 8.th. It is still at Tesla service center. From beginning of april 14.th until now it has been in to service around 20 weeks! Trying to contact Tesla management in Denmark has been a huge disappointment. I hoped that i could convince them to trade in the car and compensate me with a reasonable offer for a new car, but no luck. The arrogance of this Danish team is beyond belief, that they will not communicate and participate in helping a very unfortunate customer. Management simply neglect my mails, and use junior people without no mandate to negotiate, to stall the case. What would you recommend to do to get something to happen?

Is it arrogance on their part or is it that they have given you an answer that you simply don't agree with?

If I remember correctly (and please correct me if I am incorrect), they did not want to accept a modified vehicle as a trade-in. You disagreed with this assessment. But it is consistent with their position everywhere.

I am truly sorry that your vehicle has had quality problems. It is impossible for us to understand the issues without the details.

Hi Bonnie,

the story prior to this is that Tesla send me a car trading company in order for them to sell it outside the Tesla dealership. The guy informed Tesla that he would offer 610k Dkr. 3 weeks prior to that Tesla had offered 675K, so i asked Tesla to cover the difference as compensation for all the trouble i had gone through - meaning that Tesla actually would have made no loss - only me! They refused! Unbelievable.

Hi Bonnie,

the story prior to this is that Tesla send me a car trading company in order for them to sell it outside the Tesla dealership. The guy informed Tesla that he would offer 610k Dkr. 3 weeks prior to that Tesla had offered 675K, so i asked Tesla to cover the difference as compensation for all the trouble i had gone through - meaning that Tesla actually would have made no loss - only me! They refused! Unbelievable.
Tesla has always offered very low trade in values. The only way around this is to sell privately or use a car selling service (here in USA it is typically CarMax; Tesla contracts with Autonation).

If I'm understanding correctly, you are essentially asking Tesla give you 675K-610k= 65k, so they will be making a loss on this transaction if they send up selling the car to the car trading company.

This is different if they are taking the car themselves for CPO, but in this case because of the modification issue mentioned they aren't going to do that. That isn't anything against you personally. It is because with a owner modification like that it is impossible to certify as a CPO (I don't think anyone will find non-factory insulation as acceptable for a CPO vehicle).

Tesla has always offered very low trade in values. The only way around this is to sell privately or use a car selling service (here in USA it is typically CarMax; Tesla contracts with Autonation).

If I'm understanding correctly, you are essentially asking Tesla give you 675K-610k= 65k, so they will be making a loss on this transaction if they send up selling the car to the car trading company.

This is different if they are taking the car themselves for CPO, but in this case because of the modification issue mentioned they aren't going to do that. That isn't anything against you personally. It is because with a owner modification like that it is impossible to certify as a CPO (I don't think anyone will find non-factory insulation as acceptable for a CPO vehicle).

Tesla offered 675, and i guess that it included a compensation, as their estimated selling price would be approx. 700k. So in their initial offer they already had a build in compensation. Having had approx. 20 weeks without a car, it is fair that i get compensated for the loss and trouble. 20 weeks is close to 15% of the time i have had the car. Most of the time i have used my own extra car.

Tesla offered 675, and i guess that it included a compensation, as their estimated selling price would be approx. 700k. So in their initial offer they already had a build in compensation. Having had approx. 20 weeks without a car, it is fair that i get compensated for the loss and trouble. 20 weeks is close to 15% of the time i have had the car. Most of the time i have used my own extra car.
The CPO page has two P85 for 692k. I think you are right the 675k probably includes some kind of compensation. That only leaves 17k which means they probably just barely break even on this, after fixing up the car to be sold as CPO. If it wasn't for your circumstances, they probably would have offered far lower.
https://www.teslamotors.com/da_DK/models/preowned?redirect=no

However, the difference in the situation after finding out about the insulation is that they can no longer offer the car as a CPO, so that means if they gave you 675k while selling to the trading company for 610k, they are directly taking a 65k loss. I'm pretty sure that would need higher up corporate approval, esp. given right now they having plenty of customers rushing to get a Tesla before the tax breaks end. Basically in this situation, they would much rather try to keep fixing your car than to sell you a new P90D.

The CPO page has two P85 for 692k. I think you are right the 675k probably includes some kind of compensation. That only leaves 17k which means they probably just barely break even on this, after fixing up the car to be sold as CPO. If it wasn't for your circumstances, they probably would have offered far lower.
https://www.teslamotors.com/da_DK/models/preowned?redirect=no

However, the difference in the situation after finding out about the insulation is that they can no longer offer the car as a CPO, so that means if they gave you 675k while selling to the trading company for 610k, they are directly taking a 65k loss. I'm pretty sure that would need higher up corporate approval, esp. given right now they having plenty of customers rushing to get a Tesla before the tax breaks end. Basically in this situation, they would much rather try to keep fixing your car than to sell you a new P90D.

So your assumption is that i should say thank you to Tesla for delivering an extreme faulty car, and just take the loss and smile? By the way it is a p85+.

Last edited:
With more leases coming due from the 2013-2016 3-year lease range soon, I suspect Tesla will offer lower trade-in values now in 2016 than last year when trade-ins were done for buyers of new models coming out like the P85D and P90s. Some of it was to help create new car sales and even then, some were offered low trade-in values which then in turn helps depreciate the value of used models overall as many CPOs were destined for falling re-pricing toward the end of the year. Look for "great deals" on used Teslas later in 2016 due to this. I expect to see some S85 below $45k and S60 below $40k for off-lease CPOs which is below where private-sellers would want to be selling. The used Tesla market will be quite interesting in 2016.

PBP - sorry for your situation but I think yes, you may need to do that. Or just sell with a private sale and chalk it up to experience.