Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: I Can't Connect the Connector Under the Glove Box.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure you are plugging in the correct plug - there are at least two there
(once you loosen the cover and/or remove the glove box).

One is for the speaker, the other for the glove box dampener (they appear almost identical).
Separately there is also the LED bulb connector which is more unique.

If its indeed broken (plug or harness wire) then a repair would be best - replacing this harness is a PITA (per mobile service tech).

I broke this connector as well. I don't know what is wrong with that connector but it's a pain in the ass to remove and breaks off pretty easily (unlike the light ones, which come off easily). I was left with just the ferrules... I just soldered mine back on (bypassing the connector altogether).

Reactions: Fadiawesome
It's really easy to solder to the speaker, actually. There's very large points where the speaker contacts already are soldered to the connector block. The most annoying part was stringing an extension cord for my soldering iron into my car!
Are the 2 sides of the wire interchangeable? I'm wondering if I need to solder a specific side of the cable to a specific side of the speaker.

Are the 2 sides of the wire interchangeable? I'm wondering if I need to solder a specific side of the cable to a specific side of the speaker.

They are not. Look up one of those guides where they show you how to change the air filter. There's a clip of the guy unclipping the speaker wire, so you can know the connection side.

I THINK (don't quote me on this), green wire is left (assuming you're looking at the panel as if you're seated in the car).

I wouldn't waste money on a battery powered iron... the Hakko I use is 60W, and it was struggling even a bit melting the solder lugs for the speakers. Not enough to be concerning, just more than you'd usually want for more fine electronics.

Reactions: qdeathstar