Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - I don’t accept this car - Tesla won’t take it back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator Note: A handful of posts moved out to snippiness. I'm certain the membership can either respond kindly or ignore this thread moving forward. The button pictured below may help. Thanks for considering the Forum Rules when you post here!

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 1.34.06 PM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I was double charged for my car, as in they withdrew 60k from my bank account twice

I guess you learned to not buy something online using an account that has way more than was actually needed in it ;)

I just checked my history and the purchase took up most of the balance, but I'm surprised I didn't open a separate account just for this transaction. It was a little disconcerting to press Enter with those numbers on the screen

When i went to the pick up center I told them I wanted to inspect before accepting.. I was given the key cards to open the car and inspect.. He said just don't move it...After I spend about 45 min inspecting I then accepted the terms and gave them my check..

Reactions: electricar
When i went to the pick up center I told them I wanted to inspect before accepting.. I was given the key cards to open the car and inspect.. He said just don't move it...After I spend about 45 min inspecting I then accepted the terms and gave them my check..
I did the same, but it sounds as if home delivery is treated differently. You aren't allowed into the car, because for some reason they treat it like a bag of chips. Once it's open, it's sold.

I did the same, but it sounds as if home delivery is treated differently. You aren't allowed into the car, because for some reason they treat it like a bag of chips. Once it's open, it's sold.
It probably depends on the service center and time of delivery taken. When I took delivery, I could go into the car and look around. When my coworker took delivery (a month later), I went with him. We were put in a lounge and can only get to see the car "after" he sign off the delivery. He insisted that he see the car first. So they did finally let up and let us go walk around the car outside. They didn't give us the keycards so can't get inside the car to look.

I agree with Need, each result different for every who, what, when, why, where and how. I took delivery in May 2022 and they had parked the car in front of the store. I asked if I could inspect the car before accepting delivery (by paying for it), and they said, "Sure. Take up to 2 hours and inspect it all you like. Do not touch the car or approach it any closer than arm's length. We want the first person who touches the car to be you." Silly me, thought that must mean it got to the front of the store with "Summon"? And after transferring the money to their account, they handed me the key cards and wished me well. [Now that I am more experienced with Tesla, I would walk away and forfeit the $250 deposit.]

Reactions: electricar
I agree with Need, each result different for every who, what, when, why, where and how. I took delivery in May 2022 and they had parked the car in front of the store. I asked if I could inspect the car before accepting delivery (by paying for it), and they said, "Sure. Take up to 2 hours and inspect it all you like. Do not touch the car or approach it any closer than arm's length. We want the first person who touches the car to be you." Silly me, thought that must mean it got to the front of the store with "Summon"? And after transferring the money to their account, they handed me the key cards and wished me well. [Now that I am more experienced with Tesla, I would walk away and forfeit the $250 deposit.]
'[Now that I am more experienced with Tesla, I would walk away and forfeit the $250 deposit.]'

Really why?

Reactions: DrGriz
Because no closer than arm’s length is BS when you’re spending that kind of money on a product built by a company with a reputation for marginal quality control. This kind of behavior will come to a screeching halt soon as more competition comes to market and demand and supply equalize. Tesla’s factories have to be cranking out cars or they will continue to be Money Furnaces and they can’t do that if people aren’t lining to buy the cars.

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
This kind of behavior will come to a screeching halt soon as more competition comes to market and demand and supply equalize.
interesting take.

One could argue that the small subset of people that care about this reasonably priced “luxury” EV has an audience that (for the most part) doesn’t care.

TMC’s total membership VS Tesla’s quarterly sales seems to back that up.

Reactions: DrGriz and Yelobird
interesting take.

One could argue that the small subset of people that care about this reasonably priced “luxury” EV has an audience that (for the most part) doesn’t care.

TMC’s total membership VS Tesla’s quarterly sales seems to back that up.
I have told quite a few new owners about TMC, people whom I think have the capability to learn from the experience of others. No takers. Very interesting.

Regarding home delivery:

Not get into the car????!!!!!?

They didn't even tell me they'd delivered it!!!

It was just sat on the road out front, too close to a fire hydrant and opposite a painter's van meaning this residential street that had a lot of construction work going on now had a bottleneck for all the trucks dragging big trailers to fit through, and my brand new car was part of that!

The delivery person just took a bunch of CYA photos to prove he'd dumped it off then jumped in his mate's car and headed for the hills. Didn't ring the doorbell, didn't call or text me, and didn't park it round the back like I'd specified. I only knew it was there because I wfh and saw it on the security cameras

I had to accept it just to get the thing to a safe place, and then I didn't realise the keycards were in the glove box - even after I'd RTFMd the night before

• Informative
Reactions: electricar and Need