Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP! I just downloaded what I thought was the Tesla mobile APP but all I see is account info and headings of sections of the owners manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UncaNed

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2015
East coast
I just downloaded the Tesla APP to my new iPhone.

Upon opening the APP for the first time, all I see is account information and the owners manual.

How do I find just the mobile APP, or if this is already it, how do I do things turn the heat off and on, tell it how much to charge, open and close the doors... I'm not interested in changing my personal Tesla information, ordering another Tesla, or perusing the owners manual right now.

Where are all those options that instantly appeared when I opened the Tesla app on my trusty Android phone?

Edit - my trusty Android asked for my log-ins and has now become useless too.

Last edited:
You’re probably on a vehicle that’s on order rather than on a vehicle in your possession. Just swipe left or right to scroll through your fleet. Cars you don’t yet have give links to your account and tutorials on how to use them. Cars in your possession allow you to change their settings.

An alternative to swiping is to tap the icon for your avatar in the top right. From that screen you can select the car you want to control.

Hope this helps.

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
I just downloaded the Tesla APP to my new iPhone.

Upon opening the APP for the first time, all I see is account information and the owners manual.

How do I find just the mobile APP, or if this is already it, how do I do things turn the heat off and on, tell it how much to charge, open and close the doors... I'm not interested in changing my personal Tesla information, ordering another Tesla, or perusing the owners manual right now.

Where are all those options that instantly appeared when I opened the Tesla app on my trusty Android phone?
You may need to pair the phone to the car. On the Model 3 and recent model S I know you need to use the card that comes with the car to do this.

I think this is to avoid someone "taking" control of you car if they only got your account information.

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
There was nowhere to swipe -
You’re probably on a vehicle that’s on order rather than on a vehicle in your possession. Just swipe left or right to scroll through your fleet. Cars you don’t yet have give links to your account and tutorials on how to use them. Cars in your possession allow you to change their settings.

An alternative to swiping is to tap the icon for your avatar in the top right. From that screen you can select the car you want to control.

Hope this helps.
Thank You! Nowhere to swipe and scroll through anything, I had to uninstall and reinstall, then log in with a different password to get the actual APP, but it works now on both iPhone and Android.

You may need to pair the phone to the car. On the Model 3 and recent model S I know you need to use the card that comes with the car to do this.

I think this is to avoid someone "taking" control of you car if they only got your account information.
No, pairing the phone has no impact on whether the mobile app has access to your car. Like the other replies said, you have to have taken delivery and need to use the same userid that was used to order the car.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker