Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! I need your eyes...is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. Has anyone had an issue with the Model Y driver window? When it goes up after you close the door, do you have to put pressure on the window so that it sits correctly inside the window housing?

Attached are two pictures...one is of the window not flush with its housing and another picture is the other side where the window is sitting in its housing nice and flush...

Any remedy? I was told by SC that the car needs to sit out in the sun for a few hours with the window closed in the correct position for the housing to “mold” back to normal...

Attachments

• 1A23B2F3-AAE1-4A33-9766-32A9B8F70AB1.jpeg
    1A23B2F3-AAE1-4A33-9766-32A9B8F70AB1.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 132
  • DF87F4E7-BF25-4E93-B462-109C6CA6E5AC.jpeg
    DF87F4E7-BF25-4E93-B462-109C6CA6E5AC.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 125
“ I was told by SC that the car needs to sit out in the sun for a few hours with the window closed in the correct position for the housing to “mold” back to normal...”

It doesn’t make sense to me at all. It has to be the driver’s side door mounted incorrectly. It’s obvious that the window is tilted outward.

That’s not normal and sitting out in the sun for it to mold is beyond a joke. Problems don’t solve themselves. Owners with problems need to start being compensated at an hourly rate for all these sc visits. I understand why Tesla doesn’t offer the 7 day return policy anymore.