Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Help I shorted TSLA" via Reddit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feel bad for this guy!

Per OP
I'm actually looking for advice here on what would be my best course of action to hedge the risk I've taken, or is it better to get out of this play completely.
I've shorted TSLA starting at $100 and through various points till 170. I'm seeing no end to this madness and I'm not sure how long I can hold it. If I get a margin call, I'm probably doomed!

HELP: I shorted TSLA : investing

I can understand why people shorted the stock. The arguments about it being a cult stock have merit.

My problem is (1) I'm an engineer and (2) I drove it. No shorting thoughts for me after that. If it goes down, I'm going with it.

I'll be going down with you. We can get together and cry in our beer then, Bill, if either one of us can still afford beer.:crying:

I do wonder how many people that are shorting TSLA with big money have driven the car. At a certain point, you would think they would ask themselves why all the awards and hype. I don't think a smart investor would still short the company after getting first hand experience of the Tesla Grin. I can understand being too scared to invest at the current price and go long, but to actually short it.... That takes really big balls or stupidity at this point.

Genius! Thanks for sharing! Favorite part is the one woman comforting the other telling her the GS also thinks the stock is overvalued. Pure genius!
This original help me I shorted.......is a common theme on all the yahoo boards and usually made up. A lot have lost money shorting tesla but these posts are usually not to be believed. Who here would cry for help publicly

I do wonder how many people that are shorting TSLA with big money have driven the car. At a certain point, you would think they would ask themselves why all the awards and hype. I don't think a smart investor would still short the company after getting first hand experience of the Tesla Grin. I can understand being too scared to invest at the current price and go long, but to actually short it.... That takes really big balls or stupidity at this point.

Very good point. I agree with you 100%!

Seriously, anyone that publishes negative articles on Tesla should drive the car first. Same thing with the shorts. On various forums and stocktwits, lots of shorts blab about over-valuation, but have not driven the car.

And that John Petersen, the rumor is that he did test drive a Model S, and said meh. What? MotorTrend Car of the Year and Consumer Reports 99 out of 100, he said meh? That says he is not objective, and has a hidden agenda. Plus he has been pumping AXPW, which is a $0.12 stock. And he continues to publish negative Tesla articles on Seeking Alpha, saying he is a short.

In any case, I'm glad there are shorts. Just fuel for the fire. I'm also glad Elon was able to bring a great electric car to the masses. Make the world a better place.

And for all the shorts out there, be careful. At some stage it will be good to short. Just not now. Why try to pick up pennies in front of an on-coming train? Go with the flow, man. Someone once said, do not p*ss against the wind, you just end up with p*ss on your own face. Pardon my language. P*ss with the wind, your p*ss will go long and high.

Good luck, all.

Feel bad for this guy!

Per OP
I'm actually looking for advice here on what would be my best course of action to hedge the risk I've taken, or is it better to get out of this play completely.
I've shorted TSLA starting at $100 and through various points till 170. I'm seeing no end to this madness and I'm not sure how long I can hold it. If I get a margin call, I'm probably doomed!

HELP: I shorted TSLA : investing

That is xxxxing hilarious. No I don't mean to enjoy others' pain. But this reads like a parody and not real. Well I only read the first few comments like:

"Goldman said it's worth $84. /r/investing agreed. What could possibly go wrong?"

I wouldn't feel bad for these people because:

- This is a troll posting to stir up a debate; or
- This is a parody and not real; or
- This is a very small portion of his portfolio; or
- TSLA will turn around and this guy will make a good return.

In the latter case, I guarantee you that none of the shorts will be feeling bad for us who are long TSLA. You can't feel bad about random people on the internet losing money trading stocks.