Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help, I think I want to change to Red....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BornToFly

Supporting Member
May 8, 2013
Baby Jet
We ordered white. Saw a Red one today. It looked amazing. But we need some pictures to help it sink in and decide. We have less than 24 hours until it becomes too late. Please post pics of your Red Model X, or any that you find.

Thanks!

P.S. - Does the Red look instantly dirt all the time?

It was the MC red. It was cloudy, so it almost looked Signature, but definitely was not. My wife's last two cars have been white. We love how they almost always look clean, even when they aren't. But the Model X in white doesn't look great, in our opinion. We loved the MC Red. She is a little worried that it is too flashy for her. Need pics....

Hey r, it was great to see you there today! MC red is indeed one of the best. I think the X looks especially good in white. I decided on midnite silver at the last moment. So yes, red or white - how's that for help?!

We ordered white. Saw a Red one today. It looked amazing. But we need some pictures to help it sink in and decide. We have less than 24 hours until it becomes too late. Please post pics of your Red Model X, or any that you find.

Thanks!

P.S. - Does the Red look instantly dirt all the time?
If we did not have an MC Red Model S we would have ordered A red X, have it Opti-Coated and it always looks clean. I get many comments on the color and although it is almost 3 years old everyone thinks it is brand new.

Did you ask your DS if it was too late to change and get told that you had 24 hours until it was too late? If so that is pretty promising that your vehicle is going into production very soon and not towards the end of the month like the email we all received mentioned.

You can't make any changes within two weeks of production. So that puts production the last week of March.

Pearl White, white seats, black headliner, storm trooper. Nothing better, and Elon backs the white seats.

https://www.facebook.com/saved/?collection_token=1190443179:586254444758776:92&cref=35

Stay the course.

That Facebook link doesn't work as it's a reference to your saved collection, have to share the actual link.

To the OP, the color is really something you'll have to wrestle with on your own. Red cars just don't do it for me... Wife and I decided on pearl white with white seats. I think the X looks awesome in any of the colors though. I personally would have got the blue, but just recently bought a new truck that happens to be blue. My second choice was midnight silver, followed by the pearl white. Wife wanted titanium or pearl white... So here we are.

I went back to the SC center with a stool tall enough so I could peak over the fence, and took a bunch of pics. I think we are going to make the change....
IMG_0155.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_0158.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0169.JPG
IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0174.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    873 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
When we picked up our Pearl White:
Other wife: "I like your pearl white choice.... I was regretting Red and thinking of switching from Red to White"
Wife: "I like your Red choice ... I was nervous about White and thinking of switching to Red"

Yep, you cannot go wrong, and yes, the grass will immediately be greener as soon as you see the other car color choices being picked up.
Ignore that grass.