Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help identify these springs & shocks...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nick

May 22, 2012
The ride height on my 1.5 is about 0.75" lower on one side which Tesla diagnosed as a blown rear shock.

Rob at Dietschwerks too a look and noticed the springs and shocks didn't match left vs right.

On one side the shock is labeled Tesla 6000012 and F4-BE3-E071-T0 which seems to be normal for the Roadster.
The other side is labeled F4-BE3-E071-T1 (no Tesla markings).

The spring on the other side is labeled A126D0037H which seems to be normal.
The spring on one side is labeled B126D0060H which seems to be something different.

Does anyone know what the B126D0060H spring is?

I presume you have the standard non-adjustables given the part number above. Here's a link to the part numbers on what both the shock and spring should have:

Tesla Roadster Suspension Bilstein Shocks

My best guess is that there's a Lotus spring/shock in there which is most likely not valved for a heavier weighted car and same with the springs. Roadster Springs are stiffer / higher spring force per pound than the Elise. However I'd believe Rob should know or could have looked up the Elise part numbers for you unless he didn't have the time.

Anyways the stock shock/springs suck on the Roadster big time for handling / safety in my opinion. I can't believe someone bought a set at $500 in that link I showed you. I threw mine in the trashcan @ 15k miles. Total junk, but worse is your life and you're Roadster is on the line. There's no way I could ever feel good to sell a pair to someone who'd throw them on the Roadster. They might work well on an Elise just as they are. But then again, why throw something like this on it while you're in there doing the work.

Here's a hit in post #31 of this vx220 forum where a person believes the shock number is indeed a Lotus part number. However there was no other confirmation:
Bilstein Adjustable Suspension - Ride Height Too High - Page 2 - Tuning & Modifications

------
I think these are the Lotus part numbers on the Eibach springs but I can't find any reference to them on any parts site.

Front springs A126C0030H also says 48/09
Rear springs B126D0060H also says 15/10

If anybody else can find out any info on these that could help.
------

Anyways, was your car ever in an accident? Are you the original owner?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mark77a
If you have the Sport suspension with the adjustable Bilsteins I'd just have them rebuilt. If you have the stock non-adjustable shocks, I'd go with the Nitrons. I've been very pleased, had no issues, and really gave a huge improvement in terms of performance and comfort. Very reasonably priced, especially for the one-ways which is all you really need on the street.

• Informative
Reactions: Gabner and Mark77a
Youch - getting your suspension fixed is expensive!
The weight of the battery probably puts a lot of stress on the rear shocks so eventually they'll wear out ;(

upload_2017-5-23_15-56-3.png

What model Nitrons? I checked their website and Tesla was not listed. I assume we not use the stock Lotus part numbers. Thank you

Wiztecy was good enough to be the pioneer for these.

Contact Rob at Dietsch Motors - there is a bracket that needs to be modified that he takes care of. The shocks are the NTR Race 1-Way Lotus Elise S2/S.

In addition he recommends (which I am doing) new bushings all around. At 75k the suspension is feeling a little "worn."

Reactions: dhrivnak
Youch - getting your suspension fixed is expensive!
The weight of the battery probably puts a lot of stress on the rear shocks so eventually they'll wear out ;(

View attachment 228195

What was the issue? Blown seals? If so and you had the 'sport' suspension you could of had the shocks rebuilt. Also for $5900 in parts, what the heck did they sell you? The entire sport suspension package again with sway bars? I believe you have a sport so that should have had the full package, adjustable shocks, adjustable sway bars.

Also if they pulled the old parts off, curious if you you saved them or possibly can call them to say don't toss them. I'd hold off and keep the adjustable shocks, get them rebuilt. If they swapped out your sway-bars, let me know if you can grab them. Would be happy to buy them off you.

Another interesting note is that I don't see the sport adjustable suspension available on the Tesla store / Roadster section. Possibly its been gone for a while.

What was the issue? Blown seals? If so and you had the 'sport' suspension you could of had the shocks rebuilt. Also for $5900 in parts, what the heck did they sell you? The entire sport suspension package again with sway bars? I believe you have a sport so that should have had the full package, adjustable shocks, adjustable sway bars.

Also if they pulled the old parts off, curious if you you saved them or possibly can call them to say don't toss them. I'd hold off and keep the adjustable shocks, get them rebuilt. If they swapped out your sway-bars, let me know if you can grab them. Would be happy to buy them off you.

Another interesting note is that I don't see the sport adjustable suspension available on the Tesla store / Roadster section. Possibly its been gone for a while.

sorry they "threw" them away already - if they're able to be rebuilt then I'm sure one of the techs probably took them home

Hello roadster gurues :)

I was just told yesterday that my rear left damper is leaking. In order to save some money, I'm looking to have them replaced with the help of a friend that is very skilled at repairing cars. I first looked to find thos Bilstein dampers, but was unable to find any under the given references F4-BE3-E071-T0 and F4-BE3-E070-T0 .

I then looked further those "nitro" parts and I'm a bit puzzled.

The nitro catalog offers several references for the lotus elise S2 :

Nitron Racing Shocks,Store,Elise S2/S Toyota (05-)

The one described by thefortunes seems to be this reference :

Nitron Racing Shocks,Store,Elise S2/S Toyota (05-),Lotus Elise S2/S (Toyota) (05- ) NTR Race 1-Way 46mm Suspension Kit

But he's also talking about a "bracket that needs to be modified" . What is it exactly? Does it mean it's not possible to order them and put them directly on the car? And if so, what is the modification to do? I don't want to order thos expensive stuff and not being able to use them.

And what about the other references? Are the "street serie" enough to replace stock parts? I'm not racing, just driving normaly.

Thanks for any help :)

Kind regards from France and have a nice day

The front upper shock mount is different that stock, most damper suppliers supply one with their coilovers. Another option is MCS, I'm running them on my Elise and am happy with their performance and service. I like the way you can upgrade their product, I currently have 1 way adjustable but can upgrade to 3 way over time if I want. What ever you do, make sure the dealer knows you are putting them on as Roadster since the higher weight will effect the spring choice.

What was the end result here. I’m surprised how much bump steer from the rear the car has. Does anyone have a link to a good set of rear shocks to put on the rear.

Hello

After a long time I finally had my suspension replaced by some custom Nitron "sportclub".

Nitron SportClub NTCL20 + cales

Spring rate fitted front : 450 lbs Helper 250 lbs

Spring rate fitted rear: 600 lbs Helper 300 lbs

They were installed in a half day by a local Lotus specalist. They had to rework the part holdin the ABS

You can see some pictures here. the last 2 are showing the modified parts.

Remplacement des suspensions du Roadster – Environnement et développement durable

Reactions: hallvardr