Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help identify this plug hidden behind rear bumper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to attach my newly purchased 1up 2" Heavy Duty Double bike rack and noticed a plug hanging behind the bumper... any ideas...

My tow package was installed at the Charlotte, NC SC after delivery. I haven't had a chance to plug any trailer lights into the newly installed tow light outlet so I'm unsure if it's working correctly. Wasn't sure if the loose plug had anything to do with the tow light outlet.

Attachments

• IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    487.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0915.JPG
    IMG_0915.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 133
I'm having my hitch installed next month; and I also use a 1up rack. Were you able to install the locking hitch pin that came from 1up? I don't see it installed in your pics.

You may be able to use the one that comes with it, but it's tight.

Others mentioned this and I did the same, email 1up support and ask for the angled pin. That works well.

I'm having my hitch installed next month; and I also use a 1up rack. Were you able to install the locking hitch pin that came from 1up? I don't see it installed in your pics.
The supplied hitch pin did not fit for me. I had to go to Autozone and purchase one that would. Emailing 1up support as someone else mentioned might be worth a shot to get them to ship your order with the angled pin.