Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help identify this Tesla hater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Preface: I have another account with TMC but created this one for privacy reasons and on behalf of my sister.

She was driving on the 55 freeway today and this happened. Check the two videos. They were compressed by the hosting site, FYI.

This biker hater reached out his hand on purpose and hit my sisters right sideview mirror! When it happened, she thought he had broken off her mirror since she couldn’t see it at all for the rest of her drive home, making it really dangerous.

When she got home, turns out it was just flipped backward. She was able to flip it back forward and it looks like no exterior damage was done, thank god. Not sure what kind of interior damage this could have caused.

Can anyone use their photo/video editing skills to get his license plate? She is thinking about submitting a police report for hit and run.

Feel free to post this on other sites like Reddit to show others that we will not tolerate this kind of crap.

Streamable - free video publishing

This happens when entitled bikers feel like they aren't given enough space to split lanes. Its a really idiotic thing that they are allowed to do it in CA.
California and the rest of the world.

Edit thought it was obvious, but Lane splitting is legal in Cali and the rest of the world except the rest of America. Which in includes the Americans to the North.

Last edited:
Preface: I have another account with TMC but created this one for privacy reasons and on behalf of my sister.

She was driving on the 55 freeway today and this happened. Check the two videos. They were compressed by the hosting site, FYI.

This biker hater reached out his hand on purpose and hit my sisters right sideview mirror! When it happened, she thought he had broken off her mirror since she couldn’t see it at all for the rest of her drive home, making it really dangerous.

When she got home, turns out it was just flipped backward. She was able to flip it back forward and it looks like no exterior damage was done, thank god. Not sure what kind of interior damage this could have caused.

Can anyone use their photo/video editing skills to get his license plate? She is thinking about submitting a police report for hit and run.

Feel free to post this on other sites like Reddit to show others that we will not tolerate this kind of crap.

Could you provide the uncompressed versions via cloud sharing like google drive.

Reactions: forkee
Bob Rabinowitz, 2744 East Riverside Road.
You’re welcome.

Impressive work.

Regardless of the legality, let's look out for each other out there. When you see a motorcycle, give them a little room and don't follow too closely. Make it easier for them to pass and not be stuck in traffic where they are vulnerable.

Even if I see one illegally lane splitting, I move over a little in my lane so they can pass more easily.

Being in SoCal myself, I've seen this numerous times and its their way of warning you to give them room to pass.. keep in mind, if we are on AP, there is no way for the car to understand this and move over to give the douche bag any room. Seems to always happen to with nasty dangerous bikes that are like a small buses. I've also noticed many of them wear gang jackets like monguls or whatever they're called.. i'd leave them alone.. they're not people to mess with. If no damage, just let it go and remember to move over so they can get by. One day California will make lane splitting illegal, hopefully.

Being in SoCal myself, I've seen this numerous times and its their way of warning you to give them room to pass.. keep in mind, if we are on AP, there is no way for the car to understand this and move over to give the douche bag any room. Seems to always happen to with nasty dangerous bikes that are like a small buses. I've also noticed many of them wear gang jackets like monguls or whatever they're called.. i'd leave them alone.. they're not people to mess with. If no damage, just let it go and remember to move over so they can get by. One day California will make lane splitting illegal, hopefully.
California made it legal this year I believe so I doubt they are gonna change it back anytime soon. America is finally catching up with the concept of lane splitting.

This biker hater reached out his hand on purpose and hit my sisters right sideview mirror!

Your presumption that this biker is a Tesla "hater" is about as valid as our postulation that your sister as a biker "hater".

Given that she lives in Cali, where lane splitting by motorcycles is legal and is to be expected by all drivers, the obvious needs to be stated - she was hogging the right-dividing lane and blocking the motorcycle! He sent her a message not to do so again, without any damage done to the car.

With some luck, she learned that lesson.
If she didn't, you need to explain it to her!

Whether you like lane splitting by motorcycles or not (personally, I am not a fan), you need to be aware of the rules of the road in Cali, and leave bikers room to pass.

Similar to right-turn-on-red - in some states it's legal, in others it is not.
Adjust your riving behavior accordingly!