Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help identifying a part: Grey Rubber Grommet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone -

I recently had some work done on my Model 3. They resprayed the rocker panels under warranty due to poor paint quality.

Everything looks great and seems fine, but I found these small rubber grommets in my car. I reached out to the service center but have not gotten a response.

Anyone know what these are? Can someone identify them? Where should they go?

Thanks for any help.

5B31B382-7D3E-4EF9-8422-9DB46717429B.jpeg

Solution
Since they had your rocker covers off to paint, it looks like part of the clips that are used to hold the rocker panels up to the car. There are some metal clips that go over the rubber pieces. Here is a pic of them installed on the rocker covers before they are installed. I had mine off to install.side skirts. They probably replaced some of yours.
Screenshot_20220907-093348_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220907-094141_Gallery.jpg
Since they had your rocker covers off to paint, it looks like part of the clips that are used to hold the rocker panels up to the car. There are some metal clips that go over the rubber pieces. Here is a pic of them installed on the rocker covers before they are installed. I had mine off to install.side skirts. They probably replaced some of yours.
Screenshot_20220907-093348_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220907-094141_Gallery.jpg

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you so much for this information. I found them in my cup holder so I was a bit concerned at first.

You are most likely correct and they probably used new ones.

Thank you again for the response.
or installed the rocker panels without rubber grommets. even more likely. without rubber grommets the rocker panels will come off *VERY* easy and can be installed very easy.

• Informative
Reactions: Rmchrger
Upvote 0
or installed the rocker panels without rubber grommets. even more likely. without rubber grommets the rocker panels will come off *VERY* easy and can be installed very easy.
Good point, that's definitely a possibility. Something to check and verify. I hope that would not be the case but unfortunately we all know about the reputation of some service centers. There is a few bolts that also hold them on so I don't think they will fall off but missing clips could cause a gap between the covers and the rockers.

Upvote 0