TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Help in confirming 22" tire sizes please

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Bignikk, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Bignikk

Bignikk Member

Hello everyone! Quick question. I'm looking to purchase a set of 22x9 front and 22x10.5 directional wheels from Niche. (Model: "Surge" in Double Dark Tint). And I have decided on the Nitto Invo 245/30/22 front and 295/25/22 rear tires. My question is-can anyone confirm 100% this combo will work without rubbing?
    Being in Canada, one thing we don't have a lot of experience in is 22" wheels for the Tesla. Any confirmation from a professional here would make me much more at ease with my purchase as there is a no return policy in effect.

And one more-for bonus points, I have a set of lowering links that I would love to install. Any feedback and/or personal stories would be awesome. My goal would be to lower the car just enough so that while in the lowest position, the tops of the tires disappear into the fender while parked. *fingers crossed*
    Thanks so very much for any and all help that you may be able to provide.

2. artsci

artsci Sponsor

You might want to check this long thread as it has all the information you'll need for the lowering links.

If I were you I'd be wary of 22" wheels unless you're ok with repairing bent rims a few times a year.

3. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

In order to answer your question - I need to know the wheel offset (usually measured in mm) to determine the clearance.

4. Bignikk

Bignikk Member

5. ifung90

ifung90 Member

You'll be fine unless you lower your car.

Fronts are no problem but rear with 295 may be a problem with a lowered stance.

275 or 285 would be no problem at all.

6. Bignikk

Bignikk Member

Uh oh.
    So I may not be able to lower the car.
    Ok. Thank you.