Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help in confirming 22" tire sizes please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! Quick question. I'm looking to purchase a set of 22x9 front and 22x10.5 directional wheels from Niche. (Model: "Surge" in Double Dark Tint). And I have decided on the Nitto Invo 245/30/22 front and 295/25/22 rear tires. My question is-can anyone confirm 100% this combo will work without rubbing?
Being in Canada, one thing we don't have a lot of experience in is 22" wheels for the Tesla. Any confirmation from a professional here would make me much more at ease with my purchase as there is a no return policy in effect.

And one more-for bonus points, I have a set of lowering links that I would love to install. Any feedback and/or personal stories would be awesome. My goal would be to lower the car just enough so that while in the lowest position, the tops of the tires disappear into the fender while parked. *fingers crossed*
Thanks so very much for any and all help that you may be able to provide.

Hello everyone! Quick question. I'm looking to purchase a set of 22x9 front and 22x10.5 directional wheels from Niche. (Model: "Surge" in Double Dark Tint). And I have decided on the Nitto Invo 245/30/22 front and 295/25/22 rear tires. My question is-can anyone confirm 100% this combo will work without rubbing?
Being in Canada, one thing we don't have a lot of experience in is 22" wheels for the Tesla. Any confirmation from a professional here would make me much more at ease with my purchase as there is a no return policy in effect.

And one more-for bonus points, I have a set of lowering links that I would love to install. Any feedback and/or personal stories would be awesome. My goal would be to lower the car just enough so that while in the lowest position, the tops of the tires disappear into the fender while parked. *fingers crossed*
Thanks so very much for any and all help that you may be able to provide.

In order to answer your question - I need to know the wheel offset (usually measured in mm) to determine the clearance.

I have 255/30R22 on front, 295/25R22 rear
when reversing into a parking spot, (wheels at a significant angle) , the tire touches the plastic covers, at such low speed, there is no significant wear to the plastic.

otherwise no problems. .. I imagine 265 will be a bit worse..

I have 255/30R22 on front, 295/25R22 rear
when reversing into a parking spot, (wheels at a significant angle) , the tire touches the plastic covers, at such low speed, there is no significant wear to the plastic.

otherwise no problems. .. I imagine 265 will be a bit worse..
Hi Ande: Thank you for your reply. What about wheel alignment and suspension issues? How many miles have you driven on 255/295 tires?