Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help logging into Youtube

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many threads suggest finding a website in the Tesla browser that offers "Sign in with Google", log in that way, and then proceed to the Youtube app. Most of these threads suggest using plex.tv.

I opted for a different website since I don't use Plex and confirmed I was logged in by going back to google.com. However when I opened Youtube app, I was not logged in there. When I returned to the browser, I had also been logged out of Google.

I also tried navigating to youtube.com from the browser after logging into Google, but it opens the theater mode app when I do that and I get the same result as before.

Any suggestions on how to log into Youtube?

Thanks

Simply because it I didn't feel like providing Plex knowledge of my main email address when there were other identical options.

I ended creating a brand new Google account without 2FA and "less secure apps" option set to "on" and was able to login to Google in the browser and by extension the Youtube app. I changed the option to "off", logged out and was still able to log back in. I enabled 2FA for that account, logged out, and again could still log back in.

I then logged out and tried my main Google account without changing any of it security settings (2FA is enabled) and was able to log into Google/Youtube without any issues.

Perhaps Tesla silently fixed this in 2020.40.3?