Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - M3LR unable to Supercharge, no errors in car. Tesla no ideas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i drove down to Heathrow and got to the T5 supercharger with 35%. Plugged it in as per normal and then realised nothing happened. No charging or sounds etc.
I unplugged and swapped chargers - 4 more times but still no charging occurred. I did the 2 scroll wheel reset with brake pedal but that made no difference. I looked on app and it showed this:
DD701527-16A7-4280-8064-4748D93EFE9E.jpeg

I called Tesla who just said it was a dodgy supercharger but when I explained that by now I had tried 7 and they all showed the “no power” issue on the app they didn’t really know what was happening.

I had to drop car off at airport and get my flight and have been trying to get Tesla to do a remote forced softwareupdate in the hope that would resolve the issue.
I’m due back on Sunday and have to drive 140 miles (not with 30%!!) to get home and I’ve got a horrible feeling that the issue will not have been resolved so I can use a supercharger.

Anyone got any good ideas as to what might fix it?

cheers,
Nic

Sounds like a trip to a Service Centre will be required.
Have you submitted a service request on the app?

In the mean time you may need to resort to 11kW “slow” charging to keep you going :(

EDIT: after reading the post below, maybe you’ll be in luck and it’s indeed the Superchargers at fault!

Last edited:
Reactions: wow400
I had this at T5, almost exactly the same scenario - Tesla very dismissive until they eventually realised that none of the T5 chargers had been working that morning. Chanced it and parked at the airport, came back a week later and thankfully charged absolutely fine. I thought that worst case I'd have to get collected on a flatbed which would have been a nightmare (considering we live in South Wales) but didn't want it to spoil our holiday.

Were other cars charging successfully (as in power failure to the site).
Did you look at the charge port lights when you plugged in to observe the handshaking etc?
They were - I tried 2 superchargers after the previous occupants left & they confirmed all was working fine.

The charge port lights - good question! I think it went from the white (port door open) to blue. It certainly didn’t go red or start flashing green 🤷‍♂️

I had this at T5, almost exactly the same scenario - Tesla very dismissive until they eventually realised that none of the T5 chargers had been working that morning. Chanced it and parked at the airport, came back a week later and thankfully charged absolutely fine. I thought that worst case I'd have to get collected on a flatbed which would have been a nightmare (considering we live in South Wales) but didn't want it to spoil our holiday.
That’s interesting - although there were plenty of others charging fine. Yes, I’ll have to resort to getting it trailered back home if I can’t charge it 😩

Sounds like a trip to a Service Centre will be required.
Have you submitted a service request on the app?

In the mean time you may need to resort to 11kW “slow” charging to keep you going :(

EDIT: after reading the post below, maybe you’ll be in luck and it’s indeed the Superchargers at fault!
Not yet - I’ve been on the phone to Tesla but they don’t ‘see’ any problems with either the car or the superchargers but apparently need about 10mins of ‘troubleshooting’ when I get back to the UK…..

FWIW, When I got back to LHR there was a software update waiting for me. Unfortunately I couldn’t get my phone to both pair with the M3 and download the update.
Anyway, went back to the T5 supercharger and tried the 1st one on the RHS as you go in and thankfully 🙏 it started to charge fine.

who knows WTF was going on?!

Reactions: MrT3