Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help manage and write for the TMC Blog - paid role

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

danny

TMCing Since 2006
Administrator
Aug 15, 2006
California
Referral Code
We are looking for a member of the TMC Community who would like to help manage and write for the TMC Blog. This would include compensation for your time and effort.

The following qualities are essential:
  • Knowledgeable of and passionate about Tesla, SpaceX, and EVs
  • An avid reader and engaged user of the TMC Forums
  • Familiarity with the TMC Community and its members
  • Skilled at writing
  • Good communication and reliable
Our blog in its current form is primarily news focused. However, we would like to transition it to be more community focused and more about curating and highlighting the best member generated content on TMC. This requires someone who is passionate not just about Tesla, but about the TMC community and the important role it has played in many Tesla owners’ experiences and in Tesla’s rise to prominence.

If you feel this describes you and you are interested in working with us, please send me a Conversation here.

We are looking for a member of the TMC Community who would like to help manage and write for the TMC Blog. This would include compensation for your time and effort.

The following qualities are essential:
  • Knowledgeable of and passionate about Tesla, SpaceX, and EVs
  • An avid reader and engaged user of the TMC Forums
  • Familiarity with the TMC Community and its members
  • Skilled at writing
  • Good communication and reliable
Our blog in its current form is primarily news focused. However, we would like to transition it to be more community focused and more about curating and highlighting the best member generated content on TMC. This requires someone who is passionate not just about Tesla, but about the TMC community and the important role it has played in many Tesla owners’ experiences and in Tesla’s rise to prominence.

If you feel this describes you and you are interested in working with us, please send me a Conversation here.
In principle I am interested.
It is fairly obvious what my abilities and interests are by a quick perusal of my posts, some fo which are a trifle verbose, I fear.

By academic credentials. I was an undergraduate English major (one of four) and a Linguistic minor. My MBA was in International Finance and PhD in Marketing for Financial Institutions (I'm doubtful that anybody can have a more arcane thesis than 'Islamic Women's Banking for Iran', which ended out with me going there to establish one. I was the only male in the enterprise, which actually ended up being established in Yemen, since the Iran revolution stopped my enterprise there.. The bank I started still operates in Yemen.

As for Electric vehicles, I drove my first Tesla in 2012, have directly owned three and have driven Coast to Coast US, through Eastern and Western Canada, plus much of Southern and Southeastern Europe in various Model S3X but not Y or Roadster.

I'm quite up-to-date on SpaceX and Starlink and moderately so for The Boring Company, less so for the others. I have followed Elon since he became part of PayPal, when my then client induced me to invest. That began the most entertaining and rewarding investment experience of my life.

During my career I have been involved in captive auto finance, new model introductions, dealer relations and other functions. At one time or another I have done consulting for six OEM's including several acquisitions (helping to sell a Korean brand to a Japanese OEM was perhaps the oddest) and brand/model launches (a couple entertaining ones). That gives me a modest background in accounting, regulatory reporting, finance and product development.

I've owned at least one of many brands from Alfa to Volvo including quite a few ridiculous ones such as a DAF 33, Morgan Plus 8, NSU Ro80 and many more. I now will buy only BEV with Tesla #1 although I'm considering a JAC, Peugeot 208 eGT or Volvo Recharge for use in Rio de Janeiro, where Tesla still is not even though they accepted my deposit and reservation for a Model 3 in April 2016 (it is still waiting patiently in my Tesla account).

Since I have done location selection for factories, market expansions and other functions I tend to pay attention to every detail I can find regarding Tesla location planning. That includes Superchargers, service, country expansion, factories and more. I have large data sources that I employ in forming opinions although few of those sources are public accesses I rarely quote them. The old saw 'jack of all trades, master of none' applies to me. It applies geographically. I have lived in 16 countries and worked at least a few weeks in on more than 90.m Obviously I know a little bit about most places, but little about any particular place. That seems to apply to my residences too, since I have rarely staying any where very long.

As a serial entrepreneur I have started banks, bonded warehouses, flight schools, air charter companies and some specialized insurance ones to. That makes me a little bit knowledgable about business conditions in a fe places. My startups include ones in almost a dozen mostly weird places. So, I do have opinions about most things but probably lack much detailed knowledge about anything much. I have been lucky.

My name is James Green. I'm a citizen of both Brazil and US, and spend time in both but more in Brazil. My Teslas have all resided in South Florida. (FWIW we bought our place in South Florida primarily to have a place to keep our first Tesla.} I never would repeat that outside the Tesla community for fear of being thought to be quite insane. Here it seems normal. My Plaid will allegedly be delivered in about two weeks time.

That is a brief background. If you think I might be useful I'm interested. Having retired except for running a bit of money my time is pretty much my own.

email: [email protected]
US phones: 305 801 1024 or 646 383 4567