Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me decide: Model Y or Mach-E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the thing I don't get why everyone says it's a tech car when it's not. I mean yeah it's got autopilot but with phantom braking. For a tech car it doesn't have an tradition blind spot monitoring, 360 camera, apple car play, cross backup traffic alert, front camera... I mean so much for a "tech" car.

Tesla is very low-tech in some regards. The lack of cross traffic alerts in the rear-view system and lack of 360 camera is basically a giant miss.

Tesla is very low-tech in some regards. The lack of cross traffic alerts in the rear-view system and lack of 360 camera is basically a giant miss.
i have these on my other vehicles and its always a nuisance alarm (re: cross traffic).. the 360 is meh when u consider teslas are supposed to be driving themselves.. the giant miss is the state of FSD here in 2022

i have these on my other vehicles and its always a nuisance alarm (re: cross traffic).. the 360 is meh when u consider teslas are supposed to be driving themselves.. the giant miss is the state of FSD here in 2022
And I had these on my other vehicles and I always thought they were good tech. There is no arguing that cross traffic and 360 is desired than not. Don't even try to go down that rabbit hole.

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi

Considering the rear view window is tiny and useless on the Y... I need the cross traffic alerts. The 360 camera is extremely useful to prevent curb rash - which everybody complains about here.

Who cares about FSD and self-driving... zero interest. Not happening (and I worked in Hinton's AI Lab as an undergrad).

Considering the rear view window is tiny and useless on the Y... I need the cross traffic alerts. The 360 camera is extremely useful to prevent curb rash - which everybody complains about here.

Who cares about FSD and self-driving... zero interest. Not happening (and I worked in Hinton's AI Lab as an undergrad).
my point is that if FSD was working correctly you wouldnt need cross traffic and 360.. they dont even have the cameras for 360 cause they were going for FSD.. its not something they can add now

And I had these on my other vehicles and I always thought they were good tech. There is no arguing that cross traffic and 360 is desired than not. Don't even try to go down that rabbit hole.
I could see why a majority would want them.. but I don't miss it in the slightest ... i would turn it off if it had the option (cross traffic).. the 360 could be useful since summon is a joke

Reactions: WhiteWi
my point is that if FSD was working correctly you wouldnt need cross traffic and 360.. they dont even have the cameras for 360 cause they were going for FSD.. its not something they can add now

I think you are very confused. FSD will not work in parking lots.

360 and cross traffic alerts are for "exceptional" situations that are usually non-driving related. i.e If I want to back into a parking spot or back out into a busy parking lots.

I could see why a majority would want them.. but I don't miss it in the slightest ... i would turn it off if it had the option (cross traffic).. the 360 could be useful since summon is a joke
I don't recall that FSD can back out of a driveway and look for cars and stop hence why I think cross traffic is really useful, I mean the rear window is small. I think with all these curb rashes people post about, 360 would be beneficial. Back on topic, these are "tech" that are not on a tech car.

I think you are very confused. FSD will not work in parking lots.

360 and cross traffic alerts are for "exceptional" situations that are usually non-driving related. i.e If I want to back into a parking spot or back out into a busy parking lots.

I don't recall that FSD can back out of a driveway and look for cars and stop hence why I think cross traffic is really useful, I mean the rear window is small. I think with all these curb rashes people post about, 360 would be beneficial. Back on topic, these are "tech" that are not on a tech car.

summon is part of FSD at least for the last few years.. it does work in parking lots and driveways.. no wonder you guys dont think its a tech car you dont know about half of its features lol

That's not true. Cross traffic is extremely useful in parking lots and Teslas (FSD or not) cannot see what cross- traffic radars can

summon is part of FSD at least for the last few years.. it does work in parking lots and driveways.. no wonder you guys dont think its a tech car you dont know about half of its features lol

I have zero interest in FSD... in fact intake for it has been declining:

Also.. why can't Autopilot let me drive hands free like SuperCruise or BlueCruise? Why is it constantly nagging me?

Also.. why can't Autopilot let me drive hands free like SuperCruise or BlueCruise? Why is it constantly nagging me?
which is why i said the big miss is the state of FSD in 2022

I raised this point to my Ford salesman, and he pulled a Tesla supercharger adapter for the Mach-E from his desk and stated that it could be used at Tesla superchargers. I haven't done any research to see if this was true. At any rate, 99% of my charging will be in my own garage, so the supercharger network isn't really going to be the deciding factor for me.
I saw a Honda plug-in use it at a destination charger. I don't believe they work at SC's nothing to handshake with, no payment system... Total sales bs

I saw someone with a Leaf trying to use one of those at a SC. Obviously it didn't work. A lot of people don't understand the difference between L2 and DCFC.

Charging is a mess. I've seen Model 3s at Electrify America - without CHAdeMO adapters or CCS adapters. I've read about RAV4 Prime owners post about trying to charge at Superchargers. Heck Kia EV6 and Hyundai Ioniq 5 owners post about that weekly also.

I blame dealers who just sell the car and explain nothing about charging... Tesla is guilty of that too.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi and jsight
it's an illusion of simplicity in tesla. yes it's simple to the naked eye but the technology is beyond what most people understand. The technology is light yrs ahead of the competition but tesla doesn't let the user see it. all these features that everyone says tesla doesn't have.........yes they do it's just hidden in the back end by the engineers. If you actually saw what the engineers can see on their end it would blow your mind. you really think tesla can't do birds eye view or any of these other features "other" manufacturers do......it's simply a key stroke to enable it like heated seats, steering wheel.....on and on. Tesla likes the game of doing it their way and they like that identity, along with keeping the customer always looking forward to the next feature(version ) release. Keep in mind stock price won't continue to go up if there is nothing "new coming down the pipe". Tesla loves to keep people occupied with whatever the next feature might be. Elon like to take the stage exactly like Steve Jobbs did with apple. Tesla is to cars what apple is to phones...........found it funny when tesla announced an in car app store.........which is exactly what took apple to the next level

• Love
Reactions: gt2690b and WhiteWi

I saw hanshow has a hack out to disable the nagging, It's just basically a form fit weight you attach to the wheel. problem is if you get in an accident youre F'D on insurance. I just use a full gatorade bottle wedged in the wheel.......works great but in an accident it would easily fall out not incrimination you