Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me decide which color I should order on my P3D. Go!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My firts would be Light Silver
I'm with you, Watts. I loved that light silver. My 3 almost went MSM, I really like that almost charcoal color. But having driven white trucks for over 30 years I had to go with...
IMG_20190820_111536788.jpg
BLUE !!! :cool:

Reactions: Phlier
Some great replies, thank you. It is now between Midnight Silver and White. I go back and forth.
Here you go, now you have to decide for the interior color...

Note: The more I can see ant Tesla models in the street, the more the Pearl White Multi-Coat looks good especially at night.
I have a M3 light silver, which is not available now, and I ordered the Model Y in White as I found to be the best color for the Model X.
I like the Black roof contrast with the White body. To have a Black roof is something that started with German cars few years ago.

Also, I found the chrome to be too noticeable on a Black or Midnight Silver and I would do a chrome delete, which add to the cost.

Remember, any color doesn't lock you in if you want to wrap it (although white is probably the best option if you want to change the color with the wrap.

View attachment 455222

I assume those are the Tesla 20in wheels? And you got them "chrome deleted" or "powder coated" or whatever? If I pull the trigger and buy the car, and get the 19's, I'd really like to do that. What is the ballpark cost?

Some great replies, thank you. It is now between Midnight Silver and White. I go back and forth.
Both are beautiful colors and you will be happy with either one. I love the pearl of the white and I nearly chose MSM which would look awesome with a chrome minimize or delete. Which ever one you choose, you gotta let us know and post a pic or 3:D, given all the work we put into it! :p
Enjoy your 3. :cool:

Easiest choice is white because IMO it’s the best color and no cost.

Silver was a very nice color but not offered a anymore. Too bad !

The red does not look special for the $2k cost. I think Mazda makes the best red right now (excluding Ferrari of course) and mazda's red is only an extra $600 not $2000

I like black with white interior. But I've owned black, yes, it's no fun to take care of.

Midnight blue with white interior is also nice.

Midnight silver was never my thing. Needs to be more matte imo. Boring color.

I say, go with WHITE. You will not be disappointed, the car looks really good in white (and silver, which is no longer offered). Black also looks very good, especially with the white interior (I'd say this is the best color combo available, especially with the red calipers (also red calipers against white looks fantastic)), but just taking care of black paint is a hassle.

Last edited:
Remember, any color doesn't lock you in if you want to wrap it (although white is probably the best option if you want to change the color with the wrap.

View attachment 455222
Shop will charge more for the white because it takes longer to tuck in all the edges, black is easiest for wrap because you don’t have to wrap as deep and the bumpers and lights can stay on without removing it unlike other colors

Ah, I was about to ask about those mud flaps. Makes sense now. Awesome lol
Good eye @ jordanair45! You had me LMAO! Before I bought, I was thru these threads and finding out that even though I ditched the truck, the mud flaps live on. I don't have the $ for a full wrap and wanna protect the door bottoms and the spot in front of the rear tire / door area. These areas get hammered so full flaps, brother. :D

Reactions: jordanair45