Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me determine if this car has EAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I know this is an old thread but I am hoping someone can help me with this. I'm about to purchase this 2019 model 3 and I want to make sure I am getting autosteer. I guess that's the same thing as enhanced autopilot? I don't need FSD, just highway adaptive cruise and the car steers for me. It looks from this picture like I am, but can someone in the know please confirm?

Jonathan
autosteer beta.jpg

....autosteer. I guess that's the same thing as enhanced autopilot?...

Current Autopilot includes 2 features:

1) TACC (cruise)
2) Autosteer within the same lane.

Enhanced Autopilot includes those 2 features above and more but it doesn't have FSD features such as stopping for all stop signs and green lights.

Clicking on "software" menu would reveal which is which.

However, what is true on the screen can be taken away if Tesla asks for your proof of payment and you can't produce any.

Thus, if you bought the car, make sure you ask for the receipt that shows the features that were paid.

Hi all, I know this is an old thread but I am hoping someone can help me with this. I'm about to purchase this 2019 model 3 and I want to make sure I am getting autosteer. I guess that's the same thing as enhanced autopilot? I don't need FSD, just highway adaptive cruise and the car steers for me. It looks from this picture like I am, but can someone in the know please confirm?

JonathanView attachment 639379
That looks like basic AP

Here is the current feature matrix:
Tesla Changes Autopilot Feature Availability | Current Automotive

EAP has Navigate on Autopilot (where the car can change lanes by itself according to your navigation), which your picture doesn't show. It will also have Summon/Smart Summon, Autopark, and Auto Lane Change (on turn signal).

Your picture looks like just the most basic Autopilot (now included in all Teslas), which is adaptive cruise + Autosteer. It's not EAP, but it does match the two basic features you were looking for.

Perfect, thank you so much to everyone for the quick replies. Finding the right information on a used vehicle can be like trying to find a needle in a haystack and I'll never just take a seller's word for it again. This one's just through Carvana though..

Looking forward to getting my model 3. It has a weird camo thing going on with the steering wheel and center console but I'm sure I can change those out rather easily.

And thank you to the moderator for moving my thread out of the old one. Sorry I brought up an old one.

Jonathan