Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me finalize color choice! Blue vs White vs Red

Which color?

• White

Votes: 81 29.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 97 35.3%
  • Red

Votes: 97 35.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so torn between the white and blue colors. Haven't got a vin # yet..so the internal struggle continues. The best blue I've ever seen was on a Mercedes and this blue isn't quite that, the white with the white interior, slap a NASA.Space X sticker on it and I could roll thru the gates.
Color is such a personal choice so of course it matters very little what anyone else thinks as long as you like it. That said, it is still fun to talk about, and I personally find the blue and red to both be a little off. The red tends a little too burgundy for my liking and the blue too dark. I like the white best. Maybe because it is more neutral, and to my eyes it lack the flaws of coloring in the other two efforts? Hard to put it in words.

Last edited:
Reactions: markc2
Color is such a personal choice so of course it matters very little what anyone else thinks as long as you like it. That said, it is still fun to talk about, and I personally find the blue and red to both be a little off. The red tends a little too burgundy for my liking and the blue too dark. I like the white best. Maybe because it is more neutral, and to my eyes it lack the flaws of coloring in the other two efforts? Hard to put it in words.
Somehow I don’t find this dark :) obv this is in sunlight, but it has a unique pop in sun and then darker in cloud or night. I find it’s more a 2 tone blue depending on lighting conditions.

Stunning to me! Beauty is in the eye :)

7F246DAD-3CD8-4C15-80F2-1789D6FFC026.jpeg

I 100% agree with you. I just don’t know between white and MSM and interior choice! Thoughts? I kinda like both equally haha

In all honesty, the Tesla palate is very limited but the choices are quite stunning. The first Tesla I looked close up at was a white on white gleaming in the sun...I decided then and there that I didn’t want a hybrid.
Also, I live in a reasonably hot place and white on white seems a sensible choice

In all honesty, the Tesla palate is very limited but the choices are quite stunning.
Lots of car models have very limited color courses. Most color choices seem to be some sort of grayscale (white, black, silver, gray), with a red and blue thrown in.

Hyundai Ioniq 5: 4 grayscale, 2 blue
Kia EV6: 6 grayscale, 2 blue, 1 red
Kia Niro EV: 4 grayscale, 1 blue, 1 red
Nissan Leaf: 6 grayscale, 1 blue, 1 red, 1 orange
Chevrolet Bolt: 4 grayscale, 2 blue, 1 red
Lucid Air: 4 grayscale, 1 red, 1 gold

So if you want to be adventurous with car color, you can buy an orange Nissan Leaf or a gold Lucid Air.

I completely respect that. I went red bc white is every where. I figure after 5 years and the paint gets bad. I’ll get it wrapped in a different color.
Yeah tbh if they had a red tesla in stock rn (I’m waiting for my tesla and EDD is mid May to mid June) I would be more than happy! But it’s hard to justify $2k for a shade that I personally feel is not for me

Reactions: Kajung2k
Somehow I don’t find this dark :) obv this is in sunlight, but it has a unique pop in sun and then darker in cloud or night. I find it’s more a 2 tone blue depending on lighting conditions.

Stunning to me! Beauty is in the eye :)

View attachment 794944
Here’s the weird thing. I have a M3 on order (my first tesla). I LOVE blue on the MY, but for some reason it doesn’t do it for me on the M3. Idk why.

Here’s the weird thing. I have a M3 on order (my first tesla). I LOVE blue on the MY, but for some reason it doesn’t do it for me on the M3. Idk why.
I feel the same way for some reason. Odd right? Maybe the Y having more sheet metal and a more aggressive stance brings out darker colours?

And oddly I think red looks better on an M3 than MY. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I feel the same way for some reason. Odd right? Maybe the Y having more sheet metal and a more aggressive stance brings out darker colours?

And oddly I think red looks better on an M3 than MY. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I used to think that was odd, but I think there's a handful of us. Someone has a blue Y in my family and it looks GREAT, maybe my #1 color choice for the Y.

When it came to color choice on the 3, I couldn't decide between white/blue/red but a blue 3 didn't have the same appeal I expected so I ended up getting red. No regrets, although I would've been "almost" as happy with white/blue realizing you can't go wrong with them tbh (except when you consider the abundance of white teslas + other white cars).

Interestingly enough, a red MY is the last color I would choose for the Y.

Hi,

I placed my order yesterday (yay!) for a model 3 long range AWD. I’m super indecisive and I don’t know how to even choose a color combination. I like all the colors except for black, and interior I don’t mind either the black or white.

Is there a certain config that is better in certain climates? And how do you even begin with choosing?? I like the white, the MSM, the blue, the red. Both interiors too, ahhh has anyone ever struggled with this choice? My last car purchase was $5,000 used so this is quite a big purchase and don’t want to have regrets

IMO, both the red and blue colors look great, but white is more practical and surprisingly easier to keep looking clean in my experience. I know it doesn't make sense, but I've owned a ton of cars and I seem to need to wash the white ones the least frequently. I would also say white to cut down on heat, but with a glass roof, it probably doesn't make any real difference.

I got a black one because that was the cheapest option in 2019.

I placed my order yesterday (yay!) for a model 3 long range AWD. I’m super indecisive and I don’t know how to even choose a color combination. I like all the colors except for black, and interior I don’t mind either the black or white.
Between choices you like equally, wouldn't it make sense to choose the less expensive option? I.e. white or MSM exterior with black interior.

In hot climates, it may be preferable to choose lighter colors. Lighter colors would also be more visible at night. With lots of snow, a car that is not white may be more visible.