Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me finalize color choice! Blue vs White vs Red

Which color?

• White

Votes: 81 29.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 97 35.3%
  • Red

Votes: 97 35.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm partial to red with a white interior. It travels well.
IMG_0295.jpeg

I like the white interior, but it’s not for me. But I saw red with black in a showroom and it was amazing. Especially with the aero wheels.
Red with black :)

Attachments

• 04080138-B18A-4300-A4F3-19571FD6DC6C.jpeg
    04080138-B18A-4300-A4F3-19571FD6DC6C.jpeg
    428.6 KB · Views: 333
  • 6DB6655A-D65A-4680-8B6D-898F7E85861A.jpeg
    6DB6655A-D65A-4680-8B6D-898F7E85861A.jpeg
    648.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 784B4D64-D094-4324-B846-AF1E7D2F2625.jpeg
    784B4D64-D094-4324-B846-AF1E7D2F2625.jpeg
    598.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 89409554-6487-4909-BE3B-652B9CB025ED.jpeg
    89409554-6487-4909-BE3B-652B9CB025ED.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 317
Reactions: RyanS
Tesla's blue just doesn't look that good except in direct sunlight. My vote is for red, it's probably Tesla's best looking paint color (and rarest if you like being different), followed by MSM (as others have said, it wears well and looks good though it was better with the chrome trim) and then white. I bought white/white with the intention of wrapping in a better blue and I feel that worked for me, but the wrap definitely didn't make it a good financial choice - but when is a new car ever?

I did read the other thread but feel my situation is different and the other thread didn’t discuss blue and red in depth.

Getting 18” aero wheels. I’m leaning towards black interior. I might be open to white but only downsides of it are that it really brightens up the exterior from the outside. Kinda dislike that fishbowl look. But I do like that it makes the cabin feel more airy. I also do eat food in the car, so while it is easy to cleanup, might still be more hassle.

I live in the PNW, and noticed the Red looks a bit dull. But at night and in the sunshine it looks amazing.

Blue is kind of the middle road. I like that I’m choosing a color that isn’t some version of off-white like 90% of cars.

White I think makes the cars curves look good, but as a driver I didn’t like looking at the white hood of the car since it’s really bright (idk weird OCD stuff LOL). And idk, everyone has white. But tbh white looks the best on this car, especially the rear quarter view. I think I could probably get over the hood thing.

The benefit is that I can wrap white it since it’s free. But honestly I would rather not have to spend another $3-$4k for something that doesn’t last forever.

Red and Blue would look good in white or black interior. White and white for me is too much white personally.

Idk how to decide, how do the blue and red paint hold up?

I’m in my mid 20s so I do want to have the feeling of looking back at my car as I walk away :D
My spouse has a 2018 Model 3 which at that time came at an additional price. We are very happy with that color choice.

Tesla's blue just doesn't look that good except in direct sunlight. My vote is for red, it's probably Tesla's best looking paint color (and rarest if you like being different), followed by MSM (as others have said, it wears well and looks good though it was better with the chrome trim) and then white. I bought white/white with the intention of wrapping in a better blue and I feel that worked for me, but the wrap definitely didn't make it a good financial choice - but when is a new car ever?
That blue that your car has is what I wish tesla went with for the blue! I’m also no longer sure, because I test drove in white interior and like black and white pretty 50/50 split haha. I wish interior color was easier to change without getting covers. So it’s hard to make a decision.

I do like red tbh. And I would rather not have to wrap the car if possible

Everybody and their mother’s have white. People go for white for the simple reason(s), that’s it is free, and it is easier to maintain. I’ve got a Red Model 3 and a white Model Y. I’ll get my Model Y wrapped sooner or later.

Go with red. You won’t regret it.

A4AC6215-9D89-4EEC-B21D-374E3E5F7D6D.jpeg
5EACC62B-D461-4086-8080-24E54EDE2E59.jpeg

Reactions: Zer0t
Everybody and their mother’s have white. People go for white for the simple reason(s), that’s it is free, and it is easier to maintain. I’ve got a Red Model 3 and a white Model Y. I’ll get my Model Y wrapped sooner or later.

Go with red. You won’t regret it.

View attachment 779396View attachment 779397
Question. I see you have both black and white interior. How do they compare for you? I see you bought the new car in black instead of white

Question. I see you have both black and white interior. How do they compare for you? I see you bought the new car in black instead of white
Well, I didn’t have much of a choice to be honest. The Model Y you see if a SRMY. The car was already built and the dealer found it for me. This is when Tesla had stoped making them and took them off their menu. The dealer found cars with cars with only black interior.

If I could pick, I would’ve gone with black and white interior. The white interior is a beauty. I’m surprised more do not go this route.

But just a FYI, if you do go white interior, make sure you go with a 20% tint. I went with 30% and you can still see through. The Model Y, I went with 20% and I’ve got black seats, and the car is cooler inside than the Model 3, which has white interior.

Last edited:
Reactions: Destiny1701
Well, I didn’t have much of a choice to be honest. The Model Y you see if a SRMY. The car was already built and the dealer found it for me. This is when Tesla had stoped making them and took them off their menu. The dealer found cars with cars with only black interior.

If I could pick, I would’ve gone with black and white interior. The white interior is a beauty. I’m surprised more do not go this route.

But just a FYI, if you do go white interior, make sure you go with a 20% tint. I went with 30% and you can still see through. The Model Y, I went with 20% and I’ve got black seats, and the car is cooler inside than the Model 3, which has white interior.
Does it ever feel too bright? Or do you get used to it? I never had considered white until I saw everyone on this forum saying white is better and a lot of people regretting getting a black interior

Does it ever feel too bright? Or do you get used to it? I never had considered white until I saw everyone on this forum saying white is better and a lot of people regretting getting a black interior
Too bright? No, not at all. People are more worried about discoloring from jeans or other residues. After having it for about a year and a half, it is still perfect. Only thing I notice is hairs that get left behind. I’ve got long hair, so I notice it, but I vacuum my car every couple a weeks.

As I stated, if I could’ve gotten my choice for the Model Y, I would’ve gotten white interior. But that can always be changed as well(At a premium, of course). The white pops out, it gives the car a unique look. Black is quite ordinary but I also understand why people opt for black.

Too bright? No, not at all. People are more worried about discoloring from jeans or other residues. After having it for about a year and a half, it is still perfect. Only thing I notice is hairs that get left behind. I’ve got long hair, so I notice it, but I vacuum my car every couple a weeks.

As I stated, if I could’ve gotten my choice for the Model Y, I would’ve gotten white interior. But that can always be changed as well(At a premium, of course). The white pops out, it gives the car a unique look. Black is quite ordinary but I also understand why people opt for black.
Wait is it possible to change the trim of the car afterwards? Like if I regret getting a certain color of seats can it be done?

I do like black seats for a more sporty look. I feel like with the model X or Y I would want a more luxury look. But still gonna give the white seats a chance! Only downside is red with white is $3k extra. Might go blue with white

Wait is it possible to change the trim of the car afterwards? Like if I regret getting a certain color of seats can it be done?

I do like black seats for a more sporty look. I feel like with the model X or Y I would want a more luxury look. But still gonna give the white seats a chance! Only downside is red with white is $3k extra. Might go blue with white
I mean, you can. I just do not know what kinda of damage it could do to your seats.

Or you can go to TSportline and they’ll do an installation of pretty much any color you want. I don’t think it is worth the money but some people go with the option.