Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me finalize color choice! Blue vs White vs Red

Which color?

• White

Votes: 81 29.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 97 35.3%
  • Red

Votes: 97 35.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at how your car will look on average over the next few years. Not the day you pick it up or get it wrapped.
All colors look great all shined up.

MSM Looks good days after you wash it.

White and Black are the worst colors. Car always looks like trash 90% of the time.

Blue is real close to black.

Red is the least worst on OP list.

Red, Blue, White would be my order.

White is just horrible. Picks up these little tar spots (they looks like rust spots). All my white cars have done this. Never again.

White is also so boring looking and common.
We chose white due to how hot it gets here in the sun during summer. Nothing to do with looks. Never had those tar spots you refer to.

Two more reasons for going red:

Franz usually seems to be driving red Teslas.

Elon likes Mars. Mars is the red planet.

While I do like my red Model 3, I actually wish it was a bit darker red. Like the sig red on some Model S's. Also, literally the day after I bought it, I took it to a trusted detail shop for "new car paint correction" and ceramic coating. It has looked great ever since.

Two more reasons for going red:

Franz usually seems to be driving red Teslas.

Elon likes Mars. Mars is the red planet.

While I do like my red Model 3, I actually wish it was a bit darker red. Like the sig red on some Model S's. Also, literally the day after I bought it, I took it to a trusted detail shop for "new car paint correction" and ceramic coating. It has looked great ever since.
Only thing I worry about red is studies that have shown that red cars can elicit a higher aggressive response from drivers. And I’m already driving a Tesla so I know it’s more prone to rage than other cars.

I think that White highlights the curvature of the Model 3 the best, while MSM gives the car a distinctive look from a distance if it also comes with Aero wheels. Red and Blue are purely personal preferences - great for highlighting personalities. Black looks somewhat odd on a small car.

When we ordered our Model Y, my wife wanted the black interior while my son and I strongly felt the white seats made the car much brighter and gave it more of a wow factor!

Now that we've had our Y for about 5 months, my wife has said a few times that she's glad we went with the white seats.

They're very easy to keep clean (just keep some baby wipes in the car or your garage) and really give the interior an amazing look!

If there's a Tesla store near you, go in and check both interiors out, but I'd say the white interior is easily worth the extra $$$.

Reactions: IdaX
I kind of like the look of both. I feel like I will like the darker interior because it’s easier on the eyes and the white interior because it just looks sexy.

Has anyone owned both? Need your thoughts

Ah here we go, our weekly thread on which interior to choose. It's a fun question and I spend too much time on here so I don't mind.

The conclusion to all of these threads: White seats are 44 billion times better. But black is okay too.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
I kind of like the look of both. I feel like I will like the darker interior because it’s easier on the eyes and the white interior because it just looks sexy.

Has anyone owned both? Need your thoughts

This was merged with one of your other threads on colors etc, because I mentioned last time to please keep this conversation to one of the threads you started on this general topic of advising you which vehicle colors to buy.