Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me identify this rattle coming from he front trim of my M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my M3 for a bit over 7 months now, and it’s the best car I’ve ever owned!

since July I have noticed a rattle sound from the front trim inside in the cabin - near the front speaker grill. Tesla has had it in for service twice now, but they haven’t had luck fixing it.
Last time they replaced one of the clips in the front, but the issue seems to persist.

can you help me identify the issue? And is it something I could fix myself without having to get it to service again?
The issue seems to pop up at lower speeds at uneven roads or while driving over bumps.

I have made a video with different clips where the sound is easily noticeable:

Couldn't hear anything, maybe a low frequency rubbing? Is that it? Anyway, generally, start pressing around the A pillar, door, dash to see if you can isolate the location of the noise.

I even used a spudger, long plastic tool, and had a special seating position I called Squeak, that pushed the seat all the way forward and up, so I could reach the area where the windshield meets the dash, with my spudger, since I seemed to have a squeak where the dash met the glass.