So the obsession continues... I've gone through about two different "I'm going to get an S" phases. Both times I made the correct decision to not spend four times the amount on a car that I've ever paid before. I currently have a reservation down on a Model 3. Again I'm feeling the call. I can "afford" this car in that I can afford the payments on it. I can't pay in cash "without selling investments" and wouldn't want to. Family income solidly in the middle of 100-200k, but wife may not be working after the summer, knocking is down to closer to 100k give or take. I don't drive that much (~22k miles on a car I bought in August 2013). My daily roundtrip communite is < 15 miles. Sometimes I work from home on fridays as well. I also don't like "luxury" cars and would NEVER consider buying an M7 or whatever the equivalent Acura might be. I like to keep fixed expenses low. That said....I wouldn't be surprised if my willpower fails. My wife has been on board since last time I went through this phase, and I was the one who bailed. Here's the car I'm looking at: 60D AWD AutoPilot Interior Upgrade Cold Weather Package Blue Pano Roof Standard 19" wheels Cash price 80,000 Amount available in "Tesla Fund" - 17,422 Dealer trade in value of current car - 14,730 Federal Tax Rebate - 7500 State Rebate - none, expires 6/30/2016 (will not order before then even if I decided to) Effective Loan - Assumed 80k, financed @ 2%, 60 months = 1,400 /mo If cash on hand and from sale of current car applied before loan - 50k @ 2%, 60 months = 876/mo Current rate of savings to Tesla fund, 1105/month Thoughts?