Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me please with powerwalls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are moving soon and my HOA let me install solar panels, but I don't want ANY solar panels, I want whole Tesla's ecosystem, as we are also buying Model Y and Model 3. But the problem is that it is townhouse WITHOUT garage or enough space in the backyard... do you think it worth even bothering with powerwalls with this much space in my backyard? Is it possible to get the whole setup installed here just based on pics? Or I should just skip powerwall option? Don't judge me :) Knowing how PG&E sucks, and with wildfire season here in CA coming soon I want to make sure we are prepared...

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 4.40.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 4.40.08 PM.png
uuu.jpg

It will be asking a lot to get the equipment all back there, especially as we do not know where your service panel is located. I am pretty sure Tesla would say no to freestanding power walls and attaching to this concrete. What is your jurisdiction where this townhome is?

If you can get the gateway installed near the main service panel I could see a powerwall or 3 installed bolted to a frame bolted to the concrete approximately in front of the jade plant. The concrete might need to be reinforced but this is one option.

Before going too far, take pictures of your main service panel area, and the panel itself with the lid open including the sticker if possible. Likely some equipment on that wall would make most sense, or you will have a pretty large conduit run there and back to this backyard.

Is it easy to run a metallic conduit along the wall from the main service panel to the area shown?

It will be asking a lot to get the equipment all back there, especially as we do not know where your service panel is located. I am pretty sure Tesla would say no to freestanding power walls and attaching to this concrete. What is your jurisdiction where this townhome is?

If you can get the gateway installed near the main service panel I could see a powerwall or 3 installed bolted to a frame bolted to the concrete approximately in front of the jade plant. The concrete might need to be reinforced but this is one option.

Before going too far, take pictures of your main service panel area, and the panel itself with the lid open including the sticker if possible. Likely some equipment on that wall would make most sense, or you will have a pretty large conduit run there and back to this backyard.

Is it easy to run a metallic conduit along the wall from the main service panel to the area shown?
Good point, we are moving in next week, so I'll get more pics, But as far as I know breakers are in the laundry room, which is behind the window 25 ft away :(

Is that part of your house on the other side of the fence where that purple umbrella is? Looks like there is some room between that window and the fence
No, behind the fence is our neighbours, all inside the fence is ours including that small storage... hmm, maybe inside the storage? lol

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 4.40.16 PM.png

Actually, if the wall of the storage against the wall of your condo is the condo itself, that would be an ideal spot. It's too bad the electrical box for the A/C isn't to the left or the right as that would be a good location for the Powerwalls.