Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me rate this deal - mY'22 LR with FSD (< 80 miles) + 7 seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, First time trying to own a Tesla. I have got a private seller deal. Few of my friends are saying it's too good to be true and other people are saying - ignore this and wait for better one for lower price with few extra miles.
Model: Model Y 22 LR
Miles: < 80 miles
Extra paid exterior color || 20 inches wheels
Seats: 7 seater
FSD fully paid
Finally price after negotiation is $65.5k
Is this a good deal to go ahead? I'm picking 2022 model just because of the parking assist over the 23 model (which I have cancelled order)
Atleast from my research during reselling no one cares about FSD payment. So, few of my friends told me that I'm paying 3-4k higher than I should get but it's a new car and I tried pulling in carfax reports and all. It's legit. But I can't negotiate more from this price.

Any insights?
I found few used cars without FSD in the 59-60's range but they are 5 seaters,
Am I thinking too much and overpaying stuff here?

Actually it not bad with FSD and 7 seater.

The way I look at it you paying$60k for the car and$5k for FSD if FSD and 7 seater is a must then it's a good see fair deal not a bargain but reasonable

Will prices come down and used car prices will drop absolutely as how much time will tell but from what I can see it going to get ugly with used and new car prices

Reactions: IdaX
Actually it not bad with FSD and 7 seater.

The way I look at it you paying$60k for the car and$5k for FSD if FSD and 7 seater is a must then it's a good see fair deal not a bargain but reasonable

Will prices come down and used car prices will drop absolutely as how much time will tell but from what I can see it going to get ugly with used and new car prices
I'm unable to understand the thin line here. I'm sorry for asking you again. Can you define ugly here?
I know we don't hold any kind of magic tricks to predict but I'm unable to understand the market situation. I can see that used cars will drop more and not sure about new prices ( :( ) . I'm bad at reading between the lines and taking decision at the moment.

I'm unable to understand the thin line here. I'm sorry for asking you again. Can you define ugly here?
I know we don't hold any kind of magic tricks to predict but I'm unable to understand the market situation. I can see that used cars will drop more and not sure about new prices ( :( ) . I'm bad at reading between the lines and taking decision at the moment.
I guess time will tell how ugly the maekest going to get. Last 6 months price's has dropped 30%

How low it will go time can tell I don't have a Crystal ball from what I can tell cars are not selling at Manheim auctions and that is not good for New and used cars

Here is 2022 no fsd with 7k miles no one is buying at $53k so what you really paying is fair market value if you consider FSD and 7 seater

Attachments

• F38267BE-54DB-4883-8B03-E2B46B47AD7F.png
    F38267BE-54DB-4883-8B03-E2B46B47AD7F.png
    876.3 KB · Views: 93
Here's my take... I just bought a 5 seater with no FSD for around 65k a few months ago, buying at the near top. (oof) I like the 5 seater, as I get a lot more trunk space for things. However, paying the same price as me, for something that is technically more expensive (7 seater) PLUS having FSD? Seems alright to me! I've also read a few posts where people are saying FSD doesn't really hold up like it used to, but it sure doesn't do it any harm.

You might be able to find an LR for less with basic autopilot (which in my case does what I need, holds lane and speed), but if the whole suite of options is more your thing, just go for it. Just make it a shorter loan term and you'll be out of the negative in no time.

Here's my take... I just bought a 5 seater with no FSD for around 65k a few months ago, buying at the near top. (oof) I like the 5 seater, as I get a lot more trunk space for things. However, paying the same price as me, for something that is technically more expensive (7 seater) PLUS having FSD? Seems alright to me! I've also read a few posts where people are saying FSD doesn't really hold up like it used to, but it sure doesn't do it any harm.

You might be able to find an LR for less with basic autopilot (which in my case does what I need, holds lane and speed), but if the whole suite of options is more your thing, just go for it. Just make it a shorter loan term and you'll be out of the negative in no time.
So, you are suggesting me to stick with shorter term loan like 48 months? Do you happen to know anything about paying off the principle amount?

So, you are suggesting me to stick with shorter term loan like 48 months? Do you happen to know anything about paying off the principle amount?

With any car I'd always recommend shorter terms if you can't pay in cash. Less interest paid over the long term. It really just comes down to what you can afford, and what your rate is.. if you've got 0 APR, I suppose it doesn't really matter how long your term is.

I myself just don't have the self control to pay more than I need to... so I force a larger payment on myself to make sure it gets done. Not always the best move, if you work somewhere on shaky ground etc. I was raised to just get low interest, and a long term, to not be stuck making ends meet to make your car payment, and jsut make extra payments. But I'm clearly doing the opposite... Eh, my way works for me.

Hi, First time trying to own a Tesla. I have got a private seller deal. Few of my friends are saying it's too good to be true and other people are saying - ignore this and wait for better one for lower price with few extra miles.
Model: Model Y 22 LR
Miles: < 80 miles
Extra paid exterior color || 20 inches wheels
Seats: 7 seater
FSD fully paid
Finally price after negotiation is $65.5k
Is this a good deal to go ahead? I'm picking 2022 model just because of the parking assist over the 23 model (which I have cancelled order)
Atleast from my research during reselling no one cares about FSD payment. So, few of my friends told me that I'm paying 3-4k higher than I should get but it's a new car and I tried pulling in carfax reports and all. It's legit. But I can't negotiate more from this price.

Any insights?
I found few used cars without FSD in the 59-60's range but they are 5 seaters,
Am I thinking too much and overpaying stuff here?
The new 5-seater is $66k. You're getting essentially a new car, 7-seater, with FSD for the same price. This is a good deal.

Depends on your financial situation. Can you afford a higher payment? Do you plan on riding out the entire loan term or paying it off sooner?

If you're getting a simple interest loan, you can pay higher payments and save money on interest. There is no penalty for paying off the car sooner. You only get charged for the interest for the outstanding loan/principal amount.