TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Help me rent a Tesla in NYC for a bday gift

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Lames, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Lames

Lames New Member

Hello!

I've seen a few of these requests but they are all dated back 6-12 months. None of those leads panned out for me.

I'm looking to rent a Tesla for one day in the NYC area to surprise my girlfriend (who has recently become a huge fan of the cars). I've checked Hertz dream car rentals, p2p car rental services, and more — no one has a Tesla available for rent.

I DID find two Tesla owners on Turo who were renting cars, but both required the renter to be at least 30 years old. I am 26. The service won't let me contact them to ask for an exception.

Does anyone have lead? I am looking to rent it on April 24th and willing to pay up to $200 for a half day of use. I intend to drive the car to New Jersey and back, where I've booked a day tour for us (also a part of the bday gift).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

Have you checked with one of the Tesla Service Centers to see if they would rent you a loaner or a demo for a day?