Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me set up my automation schedule please?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to set up the following charging automation schedule:-

(every day):-
00:30 set charge to 87%

(Mon, Tue):-
07:45 set charge to 90%

(Weds, Thurs, Fri):-
07:00 set charge to 90%

(every day):-
09:00 set charge to 50% (or 40% if possible)

and the following cabin preconditioning:-

(Mon, Tue):-
08:10 set temperature to 21ºC (turn off 20 mins later)

(Weds, Thurs, Fri):-
07:25 set temperature to 21ºC (turn off 20 mins later)

I've tried "Remote for Tesla" - iOS app. Couldn't even see the place to add any scheduling!
I've tried "Stats" - iOS app. Close being able to do what I wanted but the start charge at 00:30 would have been accomplished using Smart Battery Prep which turns off after two hours - not what I want.
I've asked for refunds on both Apps. Both seemed lacking on any automation focus and seemed to just want to tart up the basic Tesla functionality.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer a one off payment rather than a subscription if possible.

Thanks a lot...

Teslafi will do that for you, location aware too I’ll send you a referral code to try it out for a month for free

schedule.png

Last edited:
If it helps, this is what I do with Stats:

Background, I leave for work at about 07.40 and it's an 8-mile round trip. Over a 24-hour period, including driving and sentry - I lose about 10%. Mine is an LR and on my 7/8kW home charger, it does about 10% per hour (handy - makes it easy to work out!).

Smart Battery Prep: Set charge limit to 80% every Mon-Fri at 06:30. After two hours, decrease the charge limit back to 70%..

Make sense?

My gripe with Stats, is that the 'Smart Battery Prep' really isn't 'Smart' - it's just 'scheduling', which is what central heating systems have been doing for 40 years. 'Smart', is what my Nest brought to the party; it learns, based upon the temperature outside, how long it takes to reach my desired temp. For Stats to be smart, I'd like it to know how long it takes to charge based upon the location it's in (i.e. 10% per hour if I'm at home), and if I set it to 80% each morning at 07:40 - it will adjust the charge start time, based upon the current state of charge.

The dev was very responsive until I made that feature request. I have heard (anecdotally), that he's not too keen to accept new ideas.

Cheers, James

Reactions: pow216 and CMc1
Teslafi will do exactly as you set out there, and I'd hazard a guess given the precision of what you're proposing that you'll like the geekiness of teslafi... ;) (I do)

But - what's the benefit of that precisely charged last 3%? I think if going up really high you might reduce risk of battery damage with such a method but I'm not sure you'll achieve much in that regard at <=90%. Does home charging just before departure reduces the time or extent of regen restriction? I'm skeptical - I seem to get it regardless.

FWIW I use a similar method to charge at low carbon intensity times. Limit sits at 55% from 8am and set to jump to 80% at 11pm, then with occasional changes to this for days when a long drive is expected. This means nearly all my charging is 11am-6am even with a 16a connection, but also that the car will nearly always get back to 80% for the start of any day.

I guess things like hvac before departure are useful when you expect to need all your range and therefore taking this out of battery instead of shore power would necessitate a public charge, but if I know I'll get there I don't see the point, and if I don't expect to get there without a supercharge I don't much see the point then either.

Last edited:
I thought I'd have a crack at writing my own monitoring and scheduling software. It's going well so far. just need a car to use it on and some better UI skills for the front end. By the time I finish it though Tesla will probably have added all the features I have to their app and it will be redundant!

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W. and pow216
Anything like teslafi for android?
TeslaFi is web based. No app, just browser.

I don't think there's an android app that does all this, so at the moment I think teslafi is the best solution for android users.

I'd like to see a teslafi phone app though, even if it had reduced functionality to just the ability to check car status without waking it and to set schedules.