Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me talk my wife into a P Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SaloonGoon

2020 PD3+ 2021 PDY 2019 AUDI R8P
Nov 12, 2019
Bay Area
I love my car, for obvious reasons. My wife is incredulous about the benefits of EV ownership. She wants to get an A-Spec RDX instead of a Perf. Y, even through the cost of ownership, when gas is factored-in, will be similar.

• Funny
Reactions: olsookie
This list came from someone else but I thought that it might be useful to you:

Tesla Model Y features:

You can change steering wheel effort

Mirrors can automatically tilt downwards when in reverse.

Mirrors can fold automatically when you walk away from car and they fold out when unlocked.

Auto down AND up... on ALL the windows

Can enable valet mode which limits speed, acceleration, locks glove box AND Frunk

Auto High Beam is a thing

Interior lights that were turned on turn off when the car powers off.

You can individually adjust each headlight. I guess if you want the Derpy look, you could do one up and one down.

Left stalk can do single wipe of window

Headlights automatically turn on if you use wipers!

When set to auto, wipers will determine optimal speed to wipe when liquid is detected.

When you spritz the windshield, the wipers wipe and then when you stop, they wipe 2 more times... then a few seconds later, they wipe a third time.

Brake disc wiping. In cold and wet weather, small pressure gets rid of water automatically.

You can set regen to Creep, Hold which maximizes range and reduces brake wear, or Roll which makes it roll when close to stopping

You can touch the camera icon to view the view from the camera at any time.

USB Flash Drive lets you tap dashcam icon to record most recent 10 minutes of video and this will not be overwritten.

You can set it to automatically save the previous 10 minutes upon horn honk.

You can warm the cabin or defrost it from the app. It'll also warm the battery

Using Traffic-Aware Cruise Control, you can push right scroll button left or right to change following distance,

Autosteer is a hands-on feature. You can initiate it when above 18 MPH unless there is a vehicle in front of you in which case you can initiate it at any speed, even zero. A gray steering wheel icon means it is available. It is blue when active.

You can change lanes by using the turn signal if your car is equipped with Auto Lane Change

Speed Based Lane Changes

You can select whether or not you want to have to confirm all lane changes.

Has Autopark feature.

Summon will pull out of a spot straight.

Land Departure Avoidance Controls/AutopiIot/Lane Departure Avoidance/ASSIST Vehicle will steer to keep you in your lane should you drift.

You can set an offset speed (i.e. 5mph over the speed limit). If driving along and the speed changes while using Speed Assist, you can touch the speed limit sign to automatically change the set speed to the detected speed limit (plus any offset).

You can set the interior lights to Ambient Lights which makes them on whenever the headlights are on.

Acceleration: Chill limits acceleration making the ride smoother and more gentle. Standard or Sport provides normal level of acceleration.

Steering Mode adjusts effort to turn the steering wheel.

Automatic Navigation can automatically navigate to home or work during the week or navigate to appointments on your phone's calendar if synced.

Trip Planner lets you plan your driving and charging routes.

You can increase security by requiring a PIN to drive the vehicle.

Cabin Overheat Protection reduces the temp of the cabin for a period of up to twelve hours.

You can adjust where the air blows by tapping on the blowing air on the display.

In addition to navigating, you can select I'm Feeling Lucky, Hungry Lucky takes you to a destination (museum, amusement park, etc.) while Hungry takes you to a restaurant.

A red pin on the map with a lightning bolt is an operational supercharger. If it has the "No" symbol and is red, it is either a non-functioning supercharger or one that is degraded.

When playing audio, the scroll up/down wheel on the left of the steering wheel controls volume

Caraoke. Yes, your car has Karaoke.

Press the right scroll button to initiate voice commands.

You can set your garage door to Auto Open as you approach and Auto Close as you depart.

You can use the mobile app to Turn Climate On which lets you precondition the cabin and turn on/off the steering wheel and seat heaters.

With the mobile app, you can vent or close the windows, lock or unlock Model Y from afar, Flash lights or honk to see where you parked, enable keyless driving, open front or rear trunk, enable or disable valet mode or sentry mode, enable/disable speed limit mode.

You can locate your car and Summon it.

With the mobile app, you can schedule a service visit and include photos, recordings, or videos.

When charging, you can select Scheduled Departure and specify a time you want the car to be ready and it will determine the best time to start charging to optimize energy cost savings, battery longevity. It will also precondition the cabin and warm the battery.

Test driving was the game changer. My wife was really concerned about electrical infrastructure and the initial higher cost (even factoring in some benefits in NJ like no sales tax on EVs). Fortunately she said the only electric car she would “potentially” support getting is a Tesla because of the supercharger network. We signed up for a test drive (model Y LR) and the moment she felt the instant torque she was hooked. She loved how much control she felt she had over the car, numerous premium features (by other automaker standards) that come standard, and she gigged hearing the PWS :D.

This list came from someone else but I thought that it might be useful to you:

Tesla Model Y features:

You can change steering wheel effort

Mirrors can automatically tilt downwards when in reverse.

Mirrors can fold automatically when you walk away from car and they fold out when unlocked.

Auto down AND up... on ALL the windows

Can enable valet mode which limits speed, acceleration, locks glove box AND Frunk

Auto High Beam is a thing

Interior lights that were turned on turn off when the car powers off.

You can individually adjust each headlight. I guess if you want the Derpy look, you could do one up and one down.

Left stalk can do single wipe of window

Headlights automatically turn on if you use wipers!

When set to auto, wipers will determine optimal speed to wipe when liquid is detected.

When you spritz the windshield, the wipers wipe and then when you stop, they wipe 2 more times... then a few seconds later, they wipe a third time.

Brake disc wiping. In cold and wet weather, small pressure gets rid of water automatically.

You can set regen to Creep, Hold which maximizes range and reduces brake wear, or Roll which makes it roll when close to stopping

You can touch the camera icon to view the view from the camera at any time.

USB Flash Drive lets you tap dashcam icon to record most recent 10 minutes of video and this will not be overwritten.

You can set it to automatically save the previous 10 minutes upon horn honk.

You can warm the cabin or defrost it from the app. It'll also warm the battery

Using Traffic-Aware Cruise Control, you can push right scroll button left or right to change following distance,

Autosteer is a hands-on feature. You can initiate it when above 18 MPH unless there is a vehicle in front of you in which case you can initiate it at any speed, even zero. A gray steering wheel icon means it is available. It is blue when active.

You can change lanes by using the turn signal if your car is equipped with Auto Lane Change

Speed Based Lane Changes

You can select whether or not you want to have to confirm all lane changes.

Has Autopark feature.

Summon will pull out of a spot straight.

Land Departure Avoidance Controls/AutopiIot/Lane Departure Avoidance/ASSIST Vehicle will steer to keep you in your lane should you drift.

You can set an offset speed (i.e. 5mph over the speed limit). If driving along and the speed changes while using Speed Assist, you can touch the speed limit sign to automatically change the set speed to the detected speed limit (plus any offset).

You can set the interior lights to Ambient Lights which makes them on whenever the headlights are on.

Acceleration: Chill limits acceleration making the ride smoother and more gentle. Standard or Sport provides normal level of acceleration.

Steering Mode adjusts effort to turn the steering wheel.

Automatic Navigation can automatically navigate to home or work during the week or navigate to appointments on your phone's calendar if synced.

Trip Planner lets you plan your driving and charging routes.

You can increase security by requiring a PIN to drive the vehicle.

Cabin Overheat Protection reduces the temp of the cabin for a period of up to twelve hours.

You can adjust where the air blows by tapping on the blowing air on the display.

In addition to navigating, you can select I'm Feeling Lucky, Hungry Lucky takes you to a destination (museum, amusement park, etc.) while Hungry takes you to a restaurant.

A red pin on the map with a lightning bolt is an operational supercharger. If it has the "No" symbol and is red, it is either a non-functioning supercharger or one that is degraded.

When playing audio, the scroll up/down wheel on the left of the steering wheel controls volume

Caraoke. Yes, your car has Karaoke.

Press the right scroll button to initiate voice commands.

You can set your garage door to Auto Open as you approach and Auto Close as you depart.

You can use the mobile app to Turn Climate On which lets you precondition the cabin and turn on/off the steering wheel and seat heaters.

With the mobile app, you can vent or close the windows, lock or unlock Model Y from afar, Flash lights or honk to see where you parked, enable keyless driving, open front or rear trunk, enable or disable valet mode or sentry mode, enable/disable speed limit mode.

You can locate your car and Summon it.

With the mobile app, you can schedule a service visit and include photos, recordings, or videos.

When charging, you can select Scheduled Departure and specify a time you want the car to be ready and it will determine the best time to start charging to optimize energy cost savings, battery longevity. It will also precondition the cabin and warm the battery.
Don't forget Sentry Mode where your car can record everything around it and send you a notice on your phone if anything happens. Show some wham bam teslacam videos.

Safety, safety. The safest car on the road. Period.

Thank you all for the replies. I’ll leave this here.

I told her gas is about to go parabolic, and Acura will eventually go bankrupt. Easy decision...

She opted for the P model. Now, how do I get her to let me drive it : 0

Attachments

• 0263AB0D-B112-4B68-A2DF-7694921A70F3.jpeg
    0263AB0D-B112-4B68-A2DF-7694921A70F3.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Disagree
Reactions: InternetDude