Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Me Tesla Peers! Contemplating Trading/Selling 10 Day Old Model 3 AWD for Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go for it. You obviously made a poor decision 10 days ago, so why stop now?

NOTE: I have 3P. Waited to order my 3 until it became available.
3 posts. Guess that is how you get a phantoms attention. :D:D:D

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 6.32.15 AM.png

Hey guys, thanks for the great responses.
Right now, I'm still weighing all my options.
I was ALMOST going to take Tesla's offer at 45.5K but decided the hit was absolutely too much.
Carvana got back to me with a outrageous 37K offer so thats off the table.
I put it up for private sale, if I can make 48-49K I'll probably do it TBH.
Figured I could claim the 3K MD incentive (I registered it in my MD address than VA) and the 1875 tax credit and then claim another 3K MD incentive and 1875 for the second Tesla which would minimize the loss to just 2-3 thousand.
I spoke to MD EV customer service who just mentioned that to claim a second 3K incentive a cosigner would have to be attached which isn't a big deal. The MD incentive is not a sure thing (even for the first car) as extended funding will be voted on in April but it is what it is.
I did get to drive the Performance yesterday and sheesh, that thing is crazy fast. Absolutely love it. Not to the point where I would take 45.5K though.

Hey guys, thanks for the great responses.
Right now, I'm still weighing all my options.
I was ALMOST going to take Tesla's offer at 45.5K but decided the hit was absolutely too much.
Carvana got back to me with a outrageous 37K offer so thats off the table.
I put it up for private sale, if I can make 48-49K I'll probably do it TBH.
Figured I could claim the 3K MD incentive (I registered it in my MD address than VA) and the 1875 tax credit and then claim another 3K MD incentive and 1875 for the second Tesla which would minimize the loss to just 2-3 thousand.
I spoke to MD EV customer service who just mentioned that to claim a second 3K incentive a cosigner would have to be attached which isn't a big deal. The MD incentive is not a sure thing (even for the first car) as extended funding will be voted on in April but it is what it is.
I did get to drive the Performance yesterday and sheesh, that thing is crazy fast. Absolutely love it. Not to the point where I would take 45.5K though.
You left one big piece out of the equation. Payoff of current loan, the financial istitution will still want something for loaning you the money.

You left one big piece out of the equation. Payoff of current loan, the financial istitution will still want something for loaning you the money.

Eh the loan part I'm not too worried about. If it sells through private party then I think the website uses an Escrow company to take care of the loan payoff / lein. Also I don't mind having to pay off the loan. Its not too much and the interest is a total of $100 bucks or something on those lines.
I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't now considering taking Tesla's offer. I keep telling my self I could just spread the depreciation + extra cost (which comes out to be about 15K) over three years and would allow me to drive the car until the P arrives which these days seems to be about 1 month. I don't know. I rather this regret just goes away and I become happy with the AWD.