Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me time my M3 purchase.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sealed the deal for me more than anything:

Going to price out trade-in / purchase this weekend :)

I was patiently waiting for HW3 as well, but figure it's probably going to be implemented after June, and FSD is likely very far away anyway. So I've decided to get the car sooner to enjoy it more. I'll buy the 10k FSD upgrade, when it really will do FSD from doorstep to doorstep.

I don't understand the context of your quote

Call a Tesla Sales and get advice. You will wait forever for any kind of response if you order your car online. I wish I bought at the Tesla store instead of online.

Not true.

1) when you place an order in store they just place an order online on your behalf
2) I placed an order online on Saturday and was matched with a 2019 VIN within an hour and scheduled for a delivery on Friday...had to turn it down for other reasons... But your post is just inaccurate.

The response is definitely different depending on availability..which is dependent on what you order and where you live

Not true.

1) when you place an order in store they just place an order online on your behalf
2) I placed an order online on Saturday and was matched with a 2019 VIN within an hour and scheduled for a delivery on Friday...had to turn it down for other reasons... But your post is just inaccurate.

The response is definitely different depending on availability..which is dependent on what you order and where you live

Yes, availability is the major factor. But talking to a human that can access the Tesla inventory immediately and answer your questions was a much better experience than waiting for an online response. After not getting a response for 2 days I called the store and got my answer right away. I wished that my order was attached to the salesperson at the store instead of the online salesperson that still hasn't responded to my question on the order via text.

So if I buy now the car is $2k cheaper. Than if I buy in April like I planned.

But I could just deposited and buy now and take delivery in late May still and save $2k.

Someone that has gone through the buying experience please confirm.

So if I buy now the car is $2k cheaper. Than if I buy in April like I planned.

But I could just deposited and buy now and take delivery in late May still and save $2k.

Someone that has gone through the buying experience please confirm.

Call Tesla sales (888) 518-3752. I think if you change your model after initial order, you may pay the higher price.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Thinking about pulling the trigger after the Model Y announcement, just in case Elon throw in another surprise.

Wife owns a LR Model 3. I drive a Honda Accord. I really miss my S but love the 3. We were waiting for the Y to be our 2nd car. We do not want to wait until 2021. Now I am considering getting a SR+ 3 for 3 years and let the Y production hit stride. The price hike on Monday may make me pull the trigger.

I cant decide on color, loan rates, all of that as of now.

yep, i pulled the trigger and bought before the price went up as well. I bought the FSD with it.

My thought process was that the HW3 is unlikely to be announced anyways before June so i might as well take advantage of the price drop for now.

What if Elon knew the game theory behind it and made an artificial "Sales" price to make people buy more cars?

#EvilGenius

I'm waiting for a AWD, live in Sweden, so standard sr plus is not here yet.. Now I'm really confused if I should wait for the standard plus? I live in a city so the range doesn't matter, the thing I care about is speed and power, but is it worth it tho?

yep, i pulled the trigger and bought before the price went up as well. I bought the FSD with it.

My thought process was that the HW3 is unlikely to be announced anyways before June so i might as well take advantage of the price drop for now.

What if Elon knew the game theory behind it and made an artificial "Sales" price to make people buy more cars?

#EvilGenius
I'm in this camp but I think Elon realized it after he already made the price cuts and people got up in arms. Now he is just reaping the rewards of the price hike to push people to buy more. #HalfEvilGenius

Pure speculation but I believe that's why it took their time to resolve the situation, they realized what they did and then came up with a plan to take advantage of it.