Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me to choise the right Model x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, there i found two model x
1 model x from 2016 p90d founder edition with 7 seats but no ap2 145.000 km 20 winter tires, price 86594.26 usd
1 model x from 2017 90d 7 seats with autopilot 2 22 tires plus 20 winter tires , this one price is 101147.92 usd

I would go with the 2017. The cost of repair can very high on the Model X so a warranty is very important. The performance is still acceptable on the non-P cars. The P variant isn't a sports car until you get down in to the Model 3's. That said, the P series Model X is further up the social ladder of cars if you are trying to project an image of success in the 21st century.

The 30 year old me would get the MXP. The 60 year old would buy the MX w/warranty.

I am floored at the price variation from US to Europe. But I noticed the average American car (the few left) sell at a 57% average higher MSRP in western Europe than the US. A BMW, MB, or Audi is cheaper in the US than Europe.

There 2017 should still have 15.000 km garanti the other one no, both looks good condition , repair dont know to much , both free charge

"Should" have guaranty does not mean "does absolutely" have a guaranty.

EDIT - I noticed you said you are limiting yourself to choosing from 2 cars. There are thousands of vehicles to chose from in Europe, so don't limit yourself to just 2.

Buying a car means being prepared. You're buying a car without being prepared. Sounds like you're buying from a private seller and not Tesla, and that is potentially dangerous, as there are not guaranties or enforceable warranties.

If you buy a Tesla and don't know what you're getting you will be screwed.

You sound like you don't know much about Tesla vehicles, and that suggests that you should not buy one, in my humble opinion.

You need to do your homework and know what you are buying before you buy.

Signature series means nothing to me. It is just an advertising gimmick. A robust car that will last a decade is more important.

Did you bring either vehicle to a Tesla dealership to have it checked for issues? Did you get the repair logs from Telsa? Did you make sure the batteries are not damaged and are within factory specifications? Does this car have air or coil spring suspension? Ventilated seats? Heated seats? Rear electric seats that were prone to not working? Those years had issues with those devices IIRC.

Don't buy an expensive luxury car unless you know what you're getting.

I would suggest a Model Y that is brand new for you. More affordable. Full warranty. Will last for years and years. You will know what you're getting. You can get the options you want.

Last edited:
Hello, there i found two model x
1 model x from 2016 p90d founder edition with 7 seats but no ap2 145.000 km 20 winter tires, price 86594.26 usd
1 model x from 2017 90d 7 seats with autopilot 2 22 tires plus 20 winter tires , this one price is 101147.92 usd
Some of the important details are missing but if you want the car as an investment, the founder's edition will have more of a story and will hold its value more. If you want to drive the car, the newer one is a better choice. But it has a smaller battery and doesn't have all the latest features. My choice would be to spring the extra cash and buy a new one.

I was checking out the website at Tesla.com

LOTS and lots of used cars in great condition for sale.

Seems like they are warrantied.

I bought my Roadster from a certified 3'rd party dealer because I didn't have the cash to buy one until 2013. Even then I brought it to Tesla and ensured I got an extended warranty AND full service record. I bought my Model X new and straight from a local dealership. Also warrantied.

Now-a-days I would start my search at Tesla. As long as you can ensure the vehicle has a clean service record and was not returned due to "Lemon Law" issues, spending a few more bucks now may save stress and anger later.

I don't know where you saw the two vehicles you're looking at BUT I bet there are a few just like it at Tesla.

Tesla confuses and confounds me with many of its policies, but that is a marketing and management issue. I still love my vehicles themselves and I want others to have the same happy experiences. That is why I am so critical of many of the WTB threads. I hate seeing negative posts from people who didn't do their homework and then buy a lemon and then blame Tesla after a really bad 3'rd party sale.

Best,

T

Reactions: sacfan