Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me track down a stealth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla to discuss my options in Hawaii. Sounds like the only way I can get one through a Hawaii store is if one arrives on a shipment, just as everyone here has mentioned.

For me, I also am a military service member and Florida resident. To buy it in Hawaii I'll have to pay state sales tax, which I am exempt from in Florida. Perhaps I'll look for a Sleeper in Florida, buy there to save the sales tax, and then have the car shipped here....

I probably should of just bought the used one for 43k!

I called Tesla to discuss my options in Hawaii. Sounds like the only way I can get one through a Hawaii store is if one arrives on a shipment, just as everyone here has mentioned.

For me, I also am a military service member and Florida resident. To buy it in Hawaii I'll have to pay state sales tax, which I am exempt from in Florida. Perhaps I'll look for a Sleeper in Florida, buy there to save the sales tax, and then have the car shipped here....

I probably should of just bought the used one for 43k!

I have never been to hawaii (even though I am a southern california native...). With that being said, I have read that, since the island(s) are fairly small, you would have even less space to "exercise" a performance model 3 than even people here in the states. I get the want for speed (otherwise I wouldnt have bought a model 3 performance myself), but is there anywhere you can actually "use" it?

I was supposed to get a stinger gt1...

That was the car. I watched hours of videos, read tons of articles, it was it! It was the one!

Then, I drove the tesla. As an mx5 nd rf owner, an iron883 rider, I didn't expect the quiet gadget car to win me over.
But it did.

So, in a very uncharacteristic matter, I booked SR+ online without conducting a proper research. Dumb mistake, newbie mistake, I know.

I woke up from my mental comma yesterday, and figured out I booked the wrong car. it's the stealth that fits me best. White ext with black interior. I'm awake since 02:30am since my mind keeps running (well, also a 4 week old daughter:)

I am ready to purchase, I don't require any special approvals, I am located in Austin TX and willing to travel within 600mi radius if need be.

If you come across a stealth that fits my specs, with no invalid BS markups, and would like to help a fellow enthusiast in need - please pm me.

Thanks!

I’m also in Austin and have been wanting the exact same car. I am waiting for my white/black M3P+ To arrive, but getting tired of the wait. I have called all the showrooms in TX with no luck. They tell me to keep checking back weekly as they never know when they may get one in.

Reasonable question. I own a P85 and I almost never floor the thing, or even drive it very hard for that matter.

I just want a sporty sedan. I should probably drive a M3 to see if it's enough performance for me.

Which P85?

If it's a RWD the AWD non Performance Model 3 is quicker 0-60 than your car is already (regardless of if it's a P85 or P85+)

If it's a P85D the AWD Performance model 3 is quicker 0-60 than the P85D (without ludicrous) and roughly .1-.2 seconds slower than the P85D with ludicrous

Which P85?

My current car is a Signature, 2012 P85 (RWD).

I realize all of the Performance Model 3's are quicker. My question was actually if I even really need a Performance or Stealth, or if instead I should look to save the money.

At the end of the day, any Model 3 is going to be an amazing sport sedan. Living in Hawaii the range is really not that important to me. I have been seriously considering a SR, but every time I read these threads I end up up-selling myself all the way to the P3D-

I realize all of the Performance Model 3's are quicker. My question was actually if I even really need a Performance or Stealth, or if instead I should look to save the money.

The regular AWD is quicker too though if you don't want to spring for a P (from my reading a stealth is tough to come by in Hawaii and the price jump to the P3D+ is still significant)

The regular AWD is quicker too though if you don't want to spring for a P (from my reading a stealth is tough to come by in Hawaii and the price jump to the P3D+ is still significant)

I am considering buying on the mainland and then shipping it to Hawaii. Or just waiting to grab one of the boat, my SA here says they occasionally get on in a shipment.

I'm still trying to understand the pricing. Is the P3D- pricing just $2000 more than a custom AWD priced via the website?

I missed the chance last week to buy a 2018 used P3D-.

I am considering buying on the mainland and then shipping it to Hawaii. Or just waiting to grab one of the boat, my SA here says they occasionally get on in a shipment.

I'm still trying to understand the pricing. Is the P3D- pricing just $2000 more than a custom AWD priced via the website?

I missed the chance last week to buy a 2018 used P3D-.

Yeah, only 2k more for P3D- over an identical AWD...(originally an 11k, eventually 6k, difference back when folks could actually order them instead of hope one showed up in inventory with a color/wheel option they liked)

At the end of the day, any Model 3 is going to be an amazing sport sedan. Living in Hawaii the range is really not that important to me. I have been seriously considering a SR, but every time I read these threads I end up up-selling myself all the way to the P3D-

no traction issues, no weather-related battery issues, no range issues on a small island (you could literally drive the circumference twice on a charge)..... the SR+ being 200kg less, should provide better vehicle dynamics and steering. it would be a no brainer to me to get that instead

I was going to take delivery of a model s and that day went to drive a model 3 because I just wanted to see and be sure. Canceled that order on the S and ordered a 3 right away. They should have refreshed the S again before releasing the 3. I loved the 3 and found it to be a better car, more fun to drive, and felt faster.

no traction issues, no weather-related battery issues, no range issues on a small island (you could literally drive the circumference twice on a charge)..... the SR+ being 200kg less, should provide better vehicle dynamics and steering. it would be a no brainer to me to get that instead

By instead do you mean instead of getting a Performance 3? Or instead of owning the S? Better vehicle dynamics and steering compared to which car?

By instead do you mean instead of getting a Performance 3? Or instead of owning the S? Better vehicle dynamics and steering compared to which car?
the SR+ is the lightest of the Model 3 lineup, by virtue of smaller battery pack and no front motor. (And also the lighest of every car offered by Tesla). Less mass improves almost everything, dynamically. And I prefer that to straight line acceleration. You can only stomp on the pedal for so long before breaching legal limits