Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me understand how to qualify for FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been on the waiting list for some time now. Current average is 97 - it was 98 for two weeks.

Am
I better off dropping out of the list then re-applying or is it best to stay on and wait ?

My issue is breaking - the way I drive I always gets points off for excessive breaking.
I apologize in advance if this info has already been discussed. I have to admit to not being to familiar with how to search and find these things.
Also - do you just one day get an email letting you know you made the grade ?

I have been on the waiting list for some time now. Current average is 97 - it was 98 for two weeks.

Am
I better off dropping out of the list then re-applying or is it best to stay on and wait ?

What car software version are you on? If you’re on 2022.16.x , you won’t be getting FSD for now.

You won’t likely be getting it anyways until FSD 10.13. There’s lots of threads on this. Tesla is not taking cars into the program for the moment (except for a tiny number of stragglers as shown on the screenshot).

Start studying the TeslaFi and Teslascope websites to understand scope of deployments of the various versions.

Then sit back and wait.

Attachments

• AD4BAD12-6898-4373-BB06-DA729B9C61B0.jpeg
    AD4BAD12-6898-4373-BB06-DA729B9C61B0.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0
OK, Your Safety Score is on a running 30 days accumulation periods. First in First out. Any really bad score deduction date will roll out after 30 days. You need to keep at least 100 miles on AP in these 30 days periods.

The last batch of admissions to the FSD Beta was the beginning of June and lasted about 3 weeks. That's almost 6 months of no admissions from the end of 2021. There is no indication of when the next new batch of admissions will be.

To get a good hard braking score you will have to learn to brake using only engine regeneration. Any use of the brake pad will result in hard braking deduction. Practice engine regeneration braking to stop at different speed to familiar with the resulting stop distance. Use that to gauge how far to stay behind cars and to release the accelerator before signal lights turning red. Be careful when braking to disengage from AP.

To cut down the forward collision warnings.... release your accelerator immediately when seeing any car in front of you showing the red brake light turning on. Follow slowly on the right lane without acceleration as cars turning right on entrances or corners will trigger the FCW

Upvote 0
Use AP everywhere possible. Hard braking does not count against you within several seconds of disabling AP.

Use AP everywhere possible. Close following does not count against you while on AP.

Use AP everywhere possible. Hard braking while on TACC DOES count against you. Close following while on TACC DOES count against you.

Use AP everywhere possible. Reports are that you need at least 100 mi of AP in the last 30 days.

There's another thread on here that gives you details. But tl;dr, it basically says to use AP everywhere possible.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the updates. I am running 2022.16.3. I know that The notice on my screen says I am enrolled into the FSD beta queue. I guess that is the same notice everyone gets when they opt in.
Much appreciated everyone’s help. This is my 3 Model x and I am waiting on delivery of the new Model X. Ordered it January 2021 - still waiting.

Upvote 0