Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me vet this car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am asking help from the community on a possible P85D purchase. It’s an out of state 2015 with only 11k miles and and I. Preston’s condition based on photos. The vin is (5YJSA1H42FF090622). This car is priced about 15K below value which is why I’m kinda causious. I grew up believing that if something seemed too good to be true that it usually is just that. Looking forward to any comments. By the way I did get car fax which listed two previous owner and no issues. Seems like the car was bounced around several states starting from Texas.

I am asking help from the community on a possible P85D purchase. It’s an out of state 2015 with only 11k miles and and I. Preston’s condition based on photos. The vin is (5YJSA1H42FF090622). This car is priced about 15K below value which is why I’m kinda causious. I grew up believing that if something seemed too good to be true that it usually is just that. Looking forward to any comments. By the way I did get car fax which listed two previous owner and no issues. Seems like the car was bounced around several states starting from Texas.

Have it inspected by a professional. Cheap insurance. If owner won’t let you have it inspected, run.

I’m glad you guys are looking into it. So now that you see the car as listed in the Texas dealer, it is absolutely beautiful and well equipped. It was $125k at first purchase. Just don’t understand how it’s now being offered for only 50k

I’m glad you guys are looking into it. So now that you see the car as listed in the Texas dealer, it is absolutely beautiful and well equipped. It was $125k at first purchase. Just don’t understand how it’s now being offered for only 50k

Are you sure it’s a D? If so, $50k is more like $25-30k under value. It doesn’t add up at all.

I need to talk to you because I spoke with a person in Florida about this car today and was thinking about buying it he was supposed to get back to me in the AM I was wondering if this was a scam or not?By the way the car was in Texas and in Georgia now it is in Florida .

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Cowby
I had a similar experience with a vehicle that was said to be exported but was held due to import taxes. Car was well below market and seemed too good to be true. I did my research and saw it was listed by a Texas direct dealership previously and on other sites for way more. I ultimately left it alone, I figured it had to be a scam or a flood car.

Funny thing. I decided to google earth the dealer address and it came to a one block length road with no dealership. Looks like an industrial area with tractors trailers. Check it out

G & G Auto Sales
5750 NW 32nd Ct
Miami, FL 33142
US

UPDATE. after extensive research, it turns out that this is a scam. The business name and phone number are not registered in Miami or Florida. The number is a VOIP number which can be used from anywhere in the world.
Glad I posted this because I’ve been contacted by several people who where in the process of wiring 50K to this person. Lesson learned. Thanks to everyone who commented on this topic. I hope we can keep it open and going for future situations like this.

Reactions: Olds442
UPDATE. after extensive research, it turns out that this is a scam. The business name and phone number are not registered in Miami or Florida. The number is a VOIP number which can be used from anywhere in the world.
Glad I posted this because I’ve been contacted by several people who where in the process of wiring 50K to this person. Lesson learned. Thanks to everyone who commented on this topic. I hope we can keep it open and going for future situations like this.
My 2012 Model S 85kWh is for sale @ $44k (w/ many extras)
So if you want a great Tesla without any scams, my for sale link above is (1) a real deal and (2) a great deal! At a minimum, read every word of my original posting so you (especially non-Tesla owners) know what items to look for in a Tesla ad (e.g. battery size). Hint, if an ad states "Signature" Model S, and the VIN isn't between 0001-1000, you know you're being scammed by a seller who knows nothing about Tesla. Don't waste your time.

Trying to vet a new car. It’s a 2015 MS 70D manufactured in December of 2015. Car has about 2500 miles and looks like a base model. Seller agreed to $57K. What do you guys think? Sticker doesn’t say anything about AP hardware or tech package. I thought those were standard in 2015 and onward.

Attachments

• 494CD73B-6C70-4E98-B071-15752D253017.jpeg
    494CD73B-6C70-4E98-B071-15752D253017.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Trying to vet a new car. It’s a 2015 MS 70D manufactured in December of 2015. Car has about 2500 miles and looks like a base model. Seller agreed to $57K. What do you guys think? Sticker doesn’t say anything about AP hardware or tech package. I thought those were standard in 2015 and onward.
You still have to pay $ to activate autopilot even if it has the hardware. I would have the seller take a picture of the screen showing the autopilot is there.

Reactions: Toppatop55