Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Model 3 hit a deer, in impound until tomorrow losing 1mi/ hr a

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I hit a deer on the highway Friday night. He hit the headlight and front fender, which flipped him up above the hood to the center of the windshield. Scary stuff. When the flatbed came, I put the car in transport mode and it went on no problem. At that time, the battery was at 69 miles of range.

Thankfully I was smart enough to turn off sentry mode, remove the SSD drive, turn off sentry standby and turn off walk away door locks. Also haven’t opened the app in over a day, only to confirm sentry and climate were off.

Problem is, the car won’t go to sleep! It’s currently at 11 miles of range, losing about 1.5 miles/hr. The impound is closed until tomorrow, so there’s no hope in getting them to charge it or shut it down. At this rate, it’ll be at 0% in a few hours. My Tesla Approved Body Shop will be picking it up tomorrow. I called Tesla and they confirmed the car appears ok, but hasn’t gone to sleep. They said they have no remote ability to remotely shut it down.

Any ideas on what can be done to avoid fully depleting the battery? Does transport mode time out? If not, I assume that’s what’s preventing the car from sleeping. :-(