Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Need DynoMode Data from Plaid Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that's one heck of a pack! Best I've seen. Thanks for posting that! By comparison, check out my crap pack!

View attachment 711247

@Muzzman1 @jebinc
Please take the "Like" I gave that post in the spirit it was meant... That being that I am totally disgusted by Tesla's response to this.

I'm a Tesla fanboi, to be sure, but I'm also not hesitant to call them out on their problems, and right now Tesla has a huge quality control and customer service problem. They need to be called on the carpet for it, and they need to fix it.

You've been more than patient with them, and have given them ample opportunity to "do the right thing." It's now time to spread the information out there far and wide. If it were me, I'd call up every consumer advocate you can get to listen to you, and have them tell your story to as many people as possible.

C'mon, Tesla. It shouldn't take so much work to get you to do the right thing. This kind of crap is the ammo the FUDsters are looking for, twofold: 1. The quality control issue; this pack never should have made it in a car in the first place. 2. Tesla is NOT doing the right thing in how they are dealing with it.

Wow... I need to go have some coffee before I start snapping keys off my keyboard.

Really appreciate you keeping us up to date on this, and doing so in such a level headed manner... it would appear that I have the anger part of it handled for you. ;)

The imbalance is 80 millivolts, which is much better than the 390 millivolts at low soc.
The Full pack is only 80.8 KW, which is almost 20% less then normal.
My guess is there are a one or more faulty modules, which hold less charge than normal, causing the pack to not fully charge, because they hit the high cutoff voltage of 4.2 volts earlier than the other modules.
If the faulty modules were still in good condition, the BMS should be able to correct the imbalance after a few discharges/recharges.

Please take the "Like" I gave that post in the spirit it was meant... That being that I am totally disgusted by Tesla's response to this.

I'm a Tesla fanboi, to be sure, but I'm also not hesitant to call them out on their problems, and right now Tesla has a huge quality control and customer service problem. They need to be called on the carpet for it, and they need to fix it.

You've been more than patient with them, and have given them ample opportunity to "do the right thing." It's now time to spread the information out there far and wide. If it were me, I'd call up every consumer advocate you can get to listen to you, and have them tell your story to as many people as possible.

C'mon, Tesla. It shouldn't take so much work to get you to do the right thing. This kind of crap is the ammo the FUDsters are looking for, twofold: 1. The quality control issue; this pack never should have made it in a car in the first place. 2. Tesla is NOT doing the right thing in how they are dealing with it.

Wow... I need to go have some coffee before I start snapping keys off my keyboard.

Really appreciate you keeping us up to date on this, and doing so in such a level headed manner... it would appear that I have the anger part of it handled for you. ;)
Or he can talk to Tesla and ask for new battery or car since none of theirs work arounds didn’t fix the issue. I don’t understand the mentality of going around wasting energy and time with spreading unfortunate experience. (Consumers advocates you recommend)

Or he can talk to Tesla and ask for new battery or car since none of theirs work arounds didn’t fix the issue. I don’t understand the mentality of going around wasting energy and time with spreading unfortunate experience. (Consumers advocates you recommend)
He's already done so.

As for explaining the mentality... A customer buys a product. The manufacturer won't stand behind the product. What recourse would you take?

The imbalance is 80 millivolts, which is much better than the 390 millivolts at low soc.
The Full pack is only 80.8 KW, which is almost 20% less then normal.
My guess is there are a one or more faulty modules, which hold less charge than normal, causing the pack to not fully charge, because they hit the high cutoff voltage of 4.2 volts earlier than the other modules.
If the faulty modules were still in good condition, the BMS should be able to correct the imbalance after a few discharges/recharges.
Mine just gets worse per discharge, sadly.

I'm hopeful I have (the process started on) one of these happening this week, but... that's just hope - likely far from reality!

Whoops. Is this only on Plaid models? I tried the DynoTest and all I got now is.... "Service Required". That was fun...

Going to try a Hard Reset when I get back to the car.

M

IMG_5118.JPG

Whoops. Is this only on Plaid models? I tried the DynoTest and all I got now is.... "Service Required". That was fun...

Going to try a Hard Reset when I get back to the car.

M

View attachment 712477
The latest firmware versions have disabled the ability to see all the juicy car related information; it's now back to how it was before a firmware bug allowed us to see all that neat stuff.

Reactions: WilliamG
Very nice. I think the highest I've seen on TMC is 98.5kWh, and the lowest "working" Plaid to be around 94kWh. The defective batteries have shown to be around ~70-80kWh (like mine).

Are they still not repairing or replacing these packs? What is their excuse? Software update coming soon?

Yeah, I really think I won't bother going through with my LR order. A few downgrades from my P100D and their QC seems to be even worse than my car.

Are they still not repairing or replacing these packs? What is their excuse? Software update coming soon?

Yeah, I really think I won't bother going through with my LR order. A few downgrades from my P100D and their QC seems to be even worse than my car.
I wouldn’t delay your order over a few of us with these issues. As I’m aware it’s actually four of us now out of many thousands of LR/Plaids.

I wouldn’t delay your order over a few of us with these issues. As I’m aware it’s actually four of us now out of many thousands of LR/Plaids.
It's not just the posts here about battery issues, there's been plenty of issues on Reddit, including people with shutdowns and having to be towed to service. Lots of other quality issues with paint and handles. Just seems like waiting an extra 6 months makes sense.

It's not just the posts here about battery issues, there's been plenty of issues on Reddit, including people with shutdowns and having to be towed to service. Lots of other quality issues with paint and handles. Just seems like waiting an extra 6 months makes sense.
Oh there’s zero question these cars are rough around the edges. But life is short… and that’s what warranties are for. 😅