Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Need Registering My Wife in the Tesla App before Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model Y and got a vin # and I have a pick up date on Monday.

I am trying to finish all the tasks that the Tesla app is requiring before I pickup the car but I am hitting an issue and no one is getting back to me at Tesla.

In the "Registration" section of the app I put in my info and then my wife's info since the car will be in both our names. I selected "Myself and another individual" and an email was sent to my wife. It asked her to log (it didn't say which account - mine or for her to create an account, so we created a new account for her). Then it says to "select Manage" and provide registration info, but when she logs into her account there is no manage link like there is for my account.

We had her download the Tesla app and sign in but there was no "manage" there ether. I have about 48 hours to figure this out, can anyone help since it seems like Tesla is too busy right now?

Thanks,
Dave
IMG_4567.jpeg

You honestly don’t need the App enabled for other at delivery. They give you 2 keys and you can do it whenever. As it’s one car I simply had my wife’s phone using the same 1 car account. Her preferences for seat etc are set in the car. A separate account seems complicate especially for Super charging. Best to have one account with one card.

Reactions: Skateboardgolf
There’s nothing wrong with using separate accounts with the app, but the normal setup for doing that is to add the second account as an additional driver after taking delivery, in which case the payment information in the primary account is used for both accounts. Since you haven’t taken delivery yet, your options are limited.

When you registered in your account, was there no option to put both names there?

I’m having this same problem as the OP. My wife and I are pre-approved for the Tesla with the loan in both of our names. When purchasing/registering for the car, on the VEHICLE OWNER page of app I selected “Myself and another driver.” Tesla then sent my wife an email asking her to log in. We didn’t know if that meant anew account for her or to use mine. We tried both. When she logs into her newly created account, she’s unable to select “manage” to enter her registration info. I’m concerned this is delaying our order because I keep getting emails telling me to “Start your delivery tasks now.” When I go into the app, all of my information displays current to include drivers license, etc. The only missing blank is confirmation of my wife’s email. When I input it, she receives another email from Telsa asking her to complete the registration process. We’re going in circles. Any suggestions?

I’m having this same problem as the OP. My wife and I are pre-approved for the Tesla with the loan in both of our names. When purchasing/registering for the car, on the VEHICLE OWNER page of app I selected “Myself and another driver.” Tesla then sent my wife an email asking her to log in. We didn’t know if that meant anew account for her or to use mine. We tried both. When she logs into her newly created account, she’s unable to select “manage” to enter her registration info. I’m concerned this is delaying our order because I keep getting emails telling me to “Start your delivery tasks now.” When I go into the app, all of my information displays current to include drivers license, etc. The only missing blank is confirmation of my wife’s email. When I input it, she receives another email from Telsa asking her to complete the registration process. We’re going in circles. Any suggestions?
I believe it's based on the account you ordered the car from. I find more advantages having both vehicles on the same account. My wife received 10,000 supercharger miles which both cars should be able to use since the miles were added to the account, not the car. Also I am paying for the My Q app which covers all vehicles connected on the account. It's easier to justify $45 a year for two cars. If you don't want anyone to be able to see your location, then you should set it up on seperate accounts.