Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Needed, How to file a complaint to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And you believe that this guy and/or his car represents Tesla's QC?

How many cars are they delivering every week?
I have similar issues, I picked mine up from the Tesla dealership and found that they'd prepped the car very carelessly. They used a mop in places left scold marks were the ameteurs applied to much pressure and even a burn mark on the headlight lense. I spray cars for a living and the blemishes on this £55,000 new car are totally unprofessional and unacceptable Also in areas on the car the paint is only 80microns the thickness of a UK 5 pound note. One other thing is that when I click service on the app there's a service center on there with an invoice which was raised before I picked the car up showing the car had been taken through a moving car wash which explains the lines and circled scratches in the paint.

End-lease inspection recommending to replace rear tires. But,...the car has only 8K miles and actually during the pandemic stayed 6 months without use. As I see some concerns on the internet I would like clear / urgent responses to these questions if possible:

1. What are the reasons Tesla attribute to early wear and tear of your tires? I have read about unbalanced weight, about regenerative break, about suspension etc. What is the reason?
  2. If any reason above - is there anything in your operator's manual/ instruction that say that you may have premature tire wear? Is there anything that explains the user that you should not use specific break modes because of tire wear? This is important. I dont recall being trained on that.
  3. What do your tire manufacturer says? Is this is a bad quality tire then for your car? Is this the wrong choice of tire for model 3?
  4. Why would you not cover in your warranty (car with less than 2 year) that premature wear of tires? Why is this so inferior to other cars in the market?
Let me know your disclosures on the items above

End-lease inspection recommending to replace rear tires. But,...the car has only 8K miles and actually during the pandemic stayed 6 months without use. As I see some concerns on the internet I would like clear / urgent responses to these questions if possible:

1. What are the reasons Tesla attribute to early wear and tear of your tires? I have read about unbalanced weight, about regenerative break, about suspension etc. What is the reason?
  2. If any reason above - is there anything in your operator's manual/ instruction that say that you may have premature tire wear? Is there anything that explains the user that you should not use specific break modes because of tire wear? This is important. I dont recall being trained on that.
  3. What do your tire manufacturer says? Is this is a bad quality tire then for your car? Is this the wrong choice of tire for model 3?
  4. Why would you not cover in your warranty (car with less than 2 year) that premature wear of tires? Why is this so inferior to other cars in the market?
Let me know your disclosures on the items above

1. Usually caused by either incorrect alignment or the owner wearing the tires out.
2. Not that I recall, but tire wear is tire wear, and you likely are not going to get out of paying for 2 tires on lease end that way. Perhaps you could buy some used tires / take offs to put on there, if you havent turned the car in yet.
3. Tire wear is tire wear, and anything related to this would be opinion ( and its clear what yours is, because you are trying to find a way to not pay for tires)
4. Tires on a new car are not covered under any manufacturers warranty, so no its not "inferior to other cars in the market" in that regard. Some people try to get them covered under a treadwear warranty, but they are never covered directly by the manufacturer (without some additional tire wear warranty purchase) for any other brand, either.

Reactions: MP3Mike